The Firearms Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
CCC51655-8437-4873-8058-4B2C3AF25642.jpeg
34B5D2B8-4A15-4B45-8C70-6ABBCC1D3927.jpeg
C87E6A3D-FFB8-4716-82A4-53CA23ECF3E4.jpeg

Our family limited out on a walleye charter.
My wife and I are on the keto diet( I just started back up) so these walleyes were battered as follows: almond flower with seasoning, egg wash, then rolled in crushed pork rinds. It worked very well and was delicious.

Side note: keto or ketogenic diet is low to no carbs and high fat diet. I do Recommend it!

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
View attachment 148220 View attachment 148222 View attachment 148224
Our family limited out on a walleye charter.
My wife and I are on the keto diet( I just started back up) so these walleyes were battered as follows: almond flower with seasoning, egg wash, then rolled in crushed pork rinds. It worked very well and was delicious.

Side note: keto or ketogenic diet is low to no carbs and high fat diet. I do Recommend it!
Congrats! Looks great. Really like your recipe. Been doing the keto diet myself.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Congrats! Looks great. Really like your recipe. Been doing the keto diet myself.
I did make a decent crust I must say. I heard on my Michigan fishing/hunting forum some guys use crushed up cheez-it’s . Obviously not keto but sounds amazing. I was full keto for 4 months and dropped over 50 lbs. 300-250. This past year I have eaten everything and gained back about 25 lbs. so I’m back at it.

Also weird thing: I always have snored at night and if I drink its very bad. When I’m on keto for about a week I completely stop snoring, even if I’m really drunk... zero snoring. This is not from weight loss either, it’s purely the food I’m ingesting. I attribute this to the sugars/carbs causing inflammation, and swelling my throat.

·
Banned
1,909 Posts
Reactions: dbcooper

·
Premium Member
9,552 Posts
That looks delicious @zkovach
I moved to Northern Washington State and lived there for about 7 years. First year there I caught a 38 pound King and went right out and bought myself a Little Chief Smoker. I soaked mine in a brine and then proceeded to smoke at least 20 pounds of fish. Man that was good.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
That looks delicious @zkovach
I moved to Northern Washington State and lived there for about 7 years. First year there I caught a 38 pound King and went right out and bought myself a Little Chief Smoker. I soaked mine in a brine and then proceeded to smoke at least 20 pounds of fish. Man that was good.
It is delicious and love smoking fish. Keeps well and gets eaten up around here quickly. I’ve never brined my fish. Usually just season them well.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,261 Posts
It is delicious and love smoking fish. Keeps well and gets eaten up around here quickly. I’ve never brined my fish. Usually just season them well.
Since DB Cooper hasn’t gotten to it yet..... You can say that again :p:D

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can send you a prepaid FEDEX package label if you'd like me to taste test it. I'm not asking for a free sample, I'd sample it for free though.:D:D

81 - 100 of 114 Posts