The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
9,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make space in the freezer and pantry using items that were about to expire and mix it all together. These time I went Moroccan with a little bit of Asian using Harissa sauce and Togarashi chili pepper spices.
Venison ground meat 2 pounds with salt, pepper onion and garlic to your pallette
can of mushrooms
jar of harissa sauce
frozen peas
cup and a half of elbow macaroni
red wine as much as you want or little, its optional but it brings out the flavor of venison very nicely to my palette .

cook till its done.
Food Tableware Ingredient Plant Recipe

·
GUNZILLA
9,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was pretty good and spicy for me, should have laid off the seven spice and just use the Harrisa. It was to spicy for the wife to eat. So @one3 I had to use a can of diced tomato and tomato sauce to tame it down for my wife to eat it. @gwpercle my venison is last season's meat .

Normally if I am making a very spicy dish, which this was I like to add frozen peas because the pop of sweetness balances out the hot spicy ingredients. Funny how life turns out, hated peas as a kid and now as an adult one my of favorite meals is when my wife makes fried chicken with mash potatoes and frozen peas in a white gravy .

·
Registered
541 Posts
Great to hear that your new dish turned out well ... write down the adjusted recipe and call it "Spicy Kitchen Sink" .
This is how a lot of great recipes get invented ... take what's on hand ...add a little this ...a little that ...kick it up with spices and ... Wah-Lah (Voila) "Spicy Kitchen Sink" !

I'm working on one for a Italian Sloppy Joe sandwich ... I want to call it a Sloppy Giuseppe ...but my wife doesn't like that name ... it's simply thick italian meat sauce cooked down thick-thick and served on a bun .
Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts