The Modern Truck Gun......

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by zant, Aug 23, 2017.

1. zant

zant Well-Known Member

really light and they are actually comfortable to shoot.The whole thing is stupid-the only weapons that should be on NFA are full auto.

soundguy likes this.
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

... And those should be more accessible... Nothing post 86 sucks...

3. rglbegl

rglbegl Well-Known Member

Um, Californian here, so please excuse the question if it sounds silly.. . but

How in the World did you get any ATF officer to say that is even remotely legal?
    Did you get it in writing?

carver likes this.
  4. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

IMHO, there should be no BATF, and there should be no guns, of any kind, on a list that American citizens should not own.

howlnmad, gvw3 and Alpo like this.
  5. zant

zant Well-Known Member

A directive as issued by Technical Branch ATF-Wash,DC.....NEVER_NEVER_NEVER believe anything an ATF agent tells-it must come from the Technical Branch to be lawful/unlawful.

soundguy and carver like this.
  6. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

...AND... remember that the ATF can reverse those findings in a heartbeat. Look at the sig brace.... legal, illegal, legal-ish.

carver likes this.
  7. DonovanB

DonovanB New Member

carver likes this.
  8. rglbegl

rglbegl Well-Known Member

I am really torn on what gun to use as a truck (I actually drive a 2 door car) to use.
    I am limited on space inside the car, and the Frunk (Front trunk) is not very big, 26 inches wide and 15 inches tall.

I want a rifle caliber in the car.
    I will not use my SKS as it is an insanely flawless example given to me by my Grandfather
    I would rather not do the SBR thing, cuz I hate the NFA rules

Thoughts anyone?
    suggestions?

9. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Something with a folding stock perhaps? At the very least a collapsible.

carver likes this.
  10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

No loaded long guns in Illinois even with my cc licence. If I could I would carry my Benelli Nova 12 gauge. I would never leave any gun in my car all the time. I have had my car's broken into 2 times in the last 30 years. I wouldn't want someone killed with one of my guns that was stolen.

I always carry my S&W Shield with 2, 8 round mag's. I can hit anything accurately up to 30 yards with no problem.

carver likes this.
  11. Hasaf

Hasaf Active Member

I have to admit, this thread has me thinking of building an AR pistol for the car.

I am thinking of the 10.5" barrel, as that is the minimum length that has the carbine gas system. Then attach that to a PDW pistol brace.

This seems more attractive than a regular Short Barreled Rifle simply due to the annual paperwork that needs to be filed when regularly crossing state lines, as I do. The advantage of an SBR or a large pistol,what was traditionally called a "horse-gun", is that it could be kept closer and more accessible. Further, as a pistol, it is clearly covered under my carry license.

carver likes this.
  12. zant

zant Well-Known Member

Hate to point out the freaking obvious-the whole concept of a PISTOL AR is the ability to carry/shoot rifle caliber ammo in a LEGAL firearm.Your AR pistol is covered under a CCW-simple.I would MUCH rather face down whomever with 115gr nasty bullets at 2400fps than 230gr at 950 +P.And with a KAK BladeBrace-if your shoulder should "accidently" touch the "brace" while defending oneself,ATF Tech has ruled that act,in and of itself, not a violation of SBR nature.

carver likes this.
  13. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

Depends on where you live, too - in AZ it's perfectly legal to conceal a long gun without a permit, if you are over 21 and not a prohibited possessor. :) It's a huge pain in the patoot, but it's legal. A real SBR would work quite well - oh, yeah, we recognize the right o carry NFA items as well, so I could conceivably have an AR SBR with suppressor concealed under a coat, as long as both items were on the National Registry. Not trying to brag, just the rules are different from state to state, and in non preempted states, the rules can be different from county/town to county/town. Blecch.

carver likes this.