The Muscle Cars you fantazised about while in Nam.

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx Active Member

josephjrr
    (8/20/02 5:31:36 am)
    Reply The Muscle Cars you fantazised about while in Nam.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I own a muscle car website, http://www.Chevysupersports.com, and I would like to hear about your car stories. For example, coming home with all that saved up GI money and finally getting a chance to drive that SS Camaro you dreamed about. I am primarily interested in stories of Chevy fans.

If any of you have pics of you and that first Chevy please feel free to post it. Thanks.

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (8/21/02 2:34:04 pm)
    Reply Re: The Muscle Cars you fantazised about while in Nam.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joseph, it certainly surprises me that you have had no responses---that's a very good topic---gott'a be some troops out there that did exactly what you surmise---mustering out bonus or even re-up enticements certainly didn't go in the banks, I'm sure. In 1968 up at Dong Ha, I was the battalion career counselor plus my other duties---damn difficult shipping someone over or even discussing the 'tomorrows' after a rocket attack---had this E-5 Electronics Tech.--the navy had specified that rating as critical and the first reenlistment bonus was $10K tax free dollars---that sunk the hook for young petty officer Maulk---when he returned to the states he purchased some type GM vehicle---perhaps it was the SS muscle wheels you spoke of. Welcome to the site Joseph. Wilborn

berto64
    *VMBB Staff*
    (8/23/02 1:34:36 am)

Re: The Muscle Cars you fantazised about while in Nam.
    Weeell,
    I had a '60 Chevy Impala 2 door hdtp with a 348 and three on the floor when I went to VN. After 3 tours I came home and found a '67 Camaro that ended up with 300 horses in a 327 and a 4 speed. After it was totalled, I put the running gear outta the Camaro into a '55 Chevy stationwagon. A fun little car.

berto

Endeaver to Persevere