The Peridontists opinion...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Apr 8, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Well, it was an odd visit. He looked over the xrays and is not exploring anything cancer related. But he is working off the idea that it could be an auto immune problem. We discussed everything... the skin rash problems to stomach problems and several other issues. I think he might be right. Such a problem would explain the stomach problems and the constant itching that i do from the time i get up till i go to sleep at night.

So next wednesday he wants to do a biopsy on one of the sores in my mouth to make sure its not some kind of "super bug" or whatever else...

I don't see where this preidontist can do much to solve the problem...and i know where this is leading to... A PHYSICAL. :mad: And what physical would be complete without a COLONOSCOPY?? :(:(:(:(
    So basicly the way i see it...i'm gonna wind up getting an instrument the size of the chrysler building shoved up there where it don't belong... they're gonna take blood....and then they're gonna tell me that i can no longer eat the foods i like because my cholesterol is shockingly high...blah blah blah
    And in the end i'm going to be on a dozen to two dozen pills to control an overactive immune system that is probably responding to a toxic colon or god only knows what... i'll probalby have pills shoved down my throat for some gal darn thyroid issue and to top it all off how about pills and shots for diabetes as well???

And all this BS to try and correct an uncorrectable situation and in the end it will all be alot of hooha for nothing because i think obama is the devil and the end is near..."rapture" and all...

I will not let them put me on a dozen differnet pills daily. Ain't gonna happen!

I continue on with the current antiboitic mouthwash. Maybe over time it will have an effect... the tongue does feel a little better today... maybe it will bring things back a bit?

mike
    gn

2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Hang in there. Once you find out the cause, you will be able to make better decisions. Don't make decisions now on what you fiear might be the outcome.

Pops

3. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

what are you worried about a colonoscopy for?
    Hell, that's how they found Ted Kennedy's brain tumor!

4. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

True...very true!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

mike
    gn

5. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

Hope I took your mind off it, for a moment!

6. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member

Check this site especially if you have Irish in your lineage HERE.

The problem is more common than many think and with gluten being added to just about everything we eat....it is an issue. I believe that there is a simple blood test that can be performed.

Good luck.

7. SARG

SARG Member

Glocknut ... no offense .... but you do sound like a doctor's worst nightmare .... give the poor bastard a chance to help.

8. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

9. It could be worse, Mike. They might decide you need a penal implant! :eek::D;):p

Seriously, my friend, let the docs do their work and find out what is actually wrong. The odds are overwhelming today that whatever it is it can be fixed or at least effectively treated. I'm like you, I hate going to the doctor, but there are times when you really have no other choice. Remember, quality of life is as important as living itself. What if they find that whatever is wrong can be easily treated? Then you would have to kick yourself for not seeing the doc sooner!

10. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i dont really know what's going on but if you're having stomach problems & ulcers or sores in your mouth, go to the store & buy some L-Lysine. its an amino acid & it works GREAT for the sores in your mouth. it will also help your stomach.

11. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

What they all said, You may be as healthy as an ox and not even know it. What you have going on may be something really easily. Don't get yourself all worked up until you know for sure what it is. I'm sure you're saying It's easy for them to say, Sure it is! because we all care about you and fellow humans to boot. Prayers are still with you. Hang in there, GL. JUNK

12. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Suck it up, find a good doctor, one you are comfortable with, let him give you a good physical. Blood and urine tell much.
    A colonoscopy is not the worst thing in the world, believe me, I've had three of them, polyps remove on each proceedure. If you have them you need to know it.
    No, I would not want to take the drugs either and in many cases there are ways around them that do work. Do your homework but do something.
    stay well.
    Look around on some of the better medical sites, Johns Hopkins, Mayo, etc.
    oldogy, one of the older members of the forum and still drug free and going strong.

13. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

It will probably come to light that you have contracted a common yeast infection and that a treatment regiment of a douche' (remember to rinse and spit) and Monostat. You will need to be more carefull in the future about where your food has been.

Glad that you have finally got the ball rolling and that a treatment and cure for what ails you is not far from reality. Get well soon Mr. GN

14. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

You ought to try it sometime with an inch long anal fisure....
    The doggone urologist did the finger check on the prostrate a few years back and i remember his exact words very clearly..."Dang, i've never seen anyone LEVITATE up off the table like that before"!!! :( And that was just a finger.
    He said if i were ever checked again that i WOULD BE SEDATED for the procedure!

An anal procedure AND being knocked out cold... I'LL PASS!!!!
    With my luck the doctor would be one of those HO-MO-Sexuals...
    I'd have to hire Durk to watch over the doctor and keep him honest...the whole time hoping that Durk is honest enough not to be bought off with a couple of bills to go out and take a "smoke break"....
    And i know i can't hire a lawyer to watch over the procedure and keep the doc honest...that bugger would probalby have ambitions of his own?

mike
    gn

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  15. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Did i ever tell you about the time i had a fungus growing in my belly button? A bottle of vinegar and a misty mate took care of the problem quite nicely...

mike
    gn