The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This day, 21 November, 2020, had begun with breaking daylight about 0600 AM in
the Phoenix,Arizona region...It was easy to discern the strange East/West pattern
of the cloud formations...the evidence of the sunrise there over Scottsdale gave
beautiful evidence the sun was due to break the horizon ...the overcast appearance
of the cloud formations was not unlike usual white cloud formations, but the things
were all in the horizontal East/West direction...Studying the phonomana, one could
easily tell that they were jet airplane contrails and the upper air disturbances were
scattering the needle-like vapor trails into a North/South manner...I could but guess
the reasons as I think it would require an educated aerodynamica person to explain
the logical reasons...Through the morning hours, I watched the transiting aircraft
leave the pin-stripe looking trails that would broaden out into lacy fabric looking
things. White as wedding gowns or Popes robes. Before noon the fog-type appearing
clouds blocked the usual, bright desert sun...scarce a shadow could be cast by my
standing figure...The mid-afternoon temperatures up into the high 80's, the fog like
formations separated and blue sky showed thru...The transiting jet aircraft could be seen
like mere mosquitoes in the air, but not the so-pronounced contrails...Sun has set
as I tell you about the days developments..Can some trained person. perhaps mention
the elevations and perhaps the high altitude temperatures... It interests me like that
thing if a tree fell in the forest and there were no ears to hear the crash, would there
have been some sound...Best Regards All and have a nice Sunday ...Chief

·
TFF Chaplain
19,302 Posts
Reactions: rooter

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
25,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'd be more interested in why so many planes were flying. Is that normal?

Here's a NASA article on contrails:

That was excellent, Padre..thank you very much...I can but assume that the aircraft are hauling
folks from the Los Angles area toward the mid-west and east coast for the holiday season...
with tha cold front invading down from Canada probably contributes to the temps needed to
form the massive amount of contrails..Happy Thanksgiving to you, Kind Sir..Chief

1 - 3 of 3 Posts