The Stockade

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Ksman75, Jan 18, 2018.

1. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

That's too bad. Don't know about them being a part of 'Hobby City', but there were a bunch of separate craft/hobby stores scattered around near The Flintlock. That was back in the early to late 70s.

I bought lots of BP kits at The Flintlock. Lots of Remington 1858 .44 steel kits, 45 Kentucky flintlock pistol kit, 50 Hawken rifle and Lyman Plains Pistol kits. They also had "Mountain Man" supplies to make possibles bags, powder horns, knives and such. I even bought an 1888 .45/70 Springfield "Long Tom" with bayonet and scabbard - mint and nearly unfired - there. My brother still has it. He bought his Lyman .58 "Zouave" there. He has that one, too.

As squirrely as California is now, I guess I'm not surprised that a store of that quality would close it's doors.......

Firpo likes this.
  2. msheff

msheff Well-Known Member

I'm sure I've been in that one. When I walked through the door I felt unwelcome. I don't remember exactly where it was but it wasn't too far from Unclaimed Baggage.

tuckerd1 likes this.

3. rlb

rlb Active Member

I used to go to Turners in Reseda, that's where I bought my stainless Virginia Dragoon.