The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last three years have sucked if your hobby is shooting and re-loading. Prices have gone thru the roof and availability of reloading components has been sparse. I am throwing in the towel and selling all my guns and reloading equipment. I am buying a john boat with a 20 HP outboard motor and will pursue Alligator Gar in the Trinity River south of Dallas for the rest of my life. My mind is made up and I am moving on. This is what 67 year old fat men do, I will post photos.
Water Vertebrate Organism Terrestrial animal Extinction

·
Registered
63 Posts
The last three years have sucked if your hobby is shooting and re-loading. Prices have gone thru the roof and availability of reloading components has been sparse. I am throwing in the towel and selling all my guns and reloading equipment. I am buying a john boat with a 20 HP outboard motor and will pursue Alligator Gar in the Trinity River south of Dallas for the rest of my life. My mind is made up and I am moving on. This is what 67 year old fat men do, I will post photos.
View attachment 279800
Why not do both? By the way-you ever eat one of those things? Just wait till you clean it. te he Glenn

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Don't forget a long club. Maybe a medieval pole axe would work better. Cold Steel sells one :LOL:
Musical instrument accessory Metal Font Musical instrument Office supplies

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Why not do both? By the way-you ever eat one of those things? Just wait till you clean it. te he Glenn
Actually, yes. My bro lives in KY and when we go there we catch gar. There is an old guy down River that will take all we catch. He cleans them, smokes them, and gives us a slab of smoked gar for every fish we give him. Don’t have to clean or cook and he does an outstanding job of smoking them!

·
Premium Member
22,999 Posts
Wow don't go in the Trinity River! We have Long Nose gar up here. They have lots of teeth just not that big! up here the best way to catch them is with a rope. You take a rope and shred the end about 6". Throw it out the shredded end and when the gar chump down on it they get their teeth snarled in the rope. You just have to pull them in. No hooks needed. I have never tried this method, but others have.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Notice his bandaid on his finger? I'd rather have bandaids from playing with knives than those toothy critters :LOL: . But then, I never grew up around them either.

·
GUNZILLA
9,310 Posts
View attachment 279800
At least keep a 22lr or magnum pistol or rifle, gar get pretty big and you might just have to choot it.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts