The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
9,224 Posts
The last three years have sucked if your hobby is shooting and re-loading. Prices have gone thru the roof and availability of reloading components has been sparse. I am throwing in the towel and selling all my guns and reloading equipment. I am buying a john boat with a 20 HP outboard motor and will pursue Alligator Gar in the Trinity River south of Dallas for the rest of my life. My mind is made up and I am moving on. This is what 67 year old fat men do, I will post photos.
View attachment 279800
At least keep a 22lr or magnum pistol or rifle, gar get pretty big and you might just have to choot it.

·
GUNZILLA
9,224 Posts
I know lots of people who won’t eat squirrel, possum, frogs and craws but they will stand in line at Taco Bell or Mickey Ds to buy that crud.
I love burrito supremes and taco supremes at Taco Bell and I never stand in line, if there is one I drive write over to Sonic and get a jalapeño burger.;)

@LIKTOSHOOT Chicken tastes like snake, frog legs, crawfish, possum, squirrel and any other roadside kill we can think of.

Reactions: Dem27 and chaswea

·
GUNZILLA
9,224 Posts
I finally got it in to shore a relatively small one, about five feet. I went to kill it with a pilot's survival knife, a five inch fixed blade, and when I stabbed it just behind the gill like I was told to do the point and a bout an inch of the blade went flying off.
Basically you need a chain saw or one of those used to saw steel, a hatchet and an axe for gar and a notepad to write down all the cuss words you used that moment.

Reactions: chaswea
1 - 4 of 4 Posts