The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Don't forget a long club. Maybe a medieval pole axe would work better. Cold Steel sells one :LOL:
Musical instrument accessory Metal Font Musical instrument Office supplies

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Notice his bandaid on his finger? I'd rather have bandaids from playing with knives than those toothy critters :LOL: . But then, I never grew up around them either.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
My uncle who was a butcher, made a habit of ordering a cheese sandwich when we'd order hot dogs.

Reactions: chaswea

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Mmmm, this egg roll tastes really good. What did you put in it this time? :LOL:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Wow. I would have thought those knives were tougher than that. Maybe they hardened those knives more or there was a flaw in the steel or maybe those critters are tougher than they look. I've never seen one.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I had one in my hands once. Coming back from the showers in VN, I squirted my talcom powder into the fan by a Sgt friends' bunk. He was a medic and came out of his bunk with a hypodermic needle and chased me around the bunks. As I went by an airman's bunk, I unsheathed his 5" survival knife and said, stick me with that and I'll stick you with this. He laughed and squirted me. :LOL: After I got home, he sent me a letter telling me I was an honorary uncle. That night I'd told him how a friend and I went down to DC for a weekend just before VN and ran into some nurses. We palled around and I told him of that night. Out of the blue, he guessed her name, knowing a student nurse in training there. He looked her up when he got home and they were soon married.

I ordered one of those 5" Air Force survival knives from some catalog while there, but it was a cheap repro, not worth anything.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Someone mentioned turkeys and taste. One year we cooked a wild one I'd shot along with a butterball. The butterball tasted like carboard and the wild one reminded me of how turkeys tasted when many of us were kids. Flavorful.

Reactions: chaswea and Aspeck
1 - 7 of 9 Posts