the unpopular conclusion

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by shuttle28, Apr 3, 2009.

1. shuttle28

shuttle28 New Member

THE UNPOPULAR CONCLUSION
    I surely will be ridiculed for what I am about to write but that’s ok, for I believe that if you witness a murder, you must report it, even If the murderer is still present and threatens your life as you place the call.
    I have come to the conclusion that no known government system can endure for more than a short time. Every form of government since the beginning thru the present day has failed to some degree. Our republic is only the most recent example. Some will refuse to agree with that and insist that our republic is without failure. This is a common reaction. Most of us tend to close our eyes to reality when reality destroys what we’ve come to believe in and love. Never the less, our republic is failing.
    As long as humans govern humans, it must fail, because it is in human nature to want and as long as we want, there will be corruption, and with corruption, all government fails. There is but one perfect government,
    THE KINDOM OF GOD!

2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I see nothing in your post worhty of ridicule.

Pops

3. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

+1:(:(:(:(:(:(

4. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

it's easy to forget all things were created for Gods glory not ours. our country may or may not fail it's in his hands and out of ours now. we are along for the ride. God has allowed evil to triumph in this country perhaps to punish some and strengthen others. i personally am going to be doing a lot of soul searching in the coming weeks. as it is now i don't feel i have the strength to deal with whats coming.. i pray that GOD will give me some. i don't think we can imagine whats in store for us. we had better enjoy this forum while we can.

5. dge479

dge479 New Member

Makes sense, and we are in deep poop

6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

shuttle...you are absolutely correct in all you've said, I think.

I find myself wanting to fight hard to help preserve the country I grew up loving...and yet, that "ideal country" has been slipping out of our grasp for some time now.

The spirit of America...our heart for others during times of crises...our helping hands...our strength...our fundamental ideologies as set forth in our Constitution...these, indeed, have defined us and set us apart for over 2 centuries, but you are so right...ANY government run by humans, for humans, will fail, for we are inherently fallible.

As for your conclusion re: the Kingdom of God...again, I totally agree.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

And this is exactly why we need to keep our government as small as possible. It should provide those functions which individuals cannot reasonably provide for themselves and NO others.

I find a good, exhaustive list of those functions here, in Article 1 Section 8 of the United States Constitution:

EDIT: I do recognize that our republic is definitely faltering. However, if we as a nation had managed to stick with the plan, I believe that we would be in much better shape than we are today.

8. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

hello Josh. i think your post is very well said. i agree with it and i believe that if others that shared these opinions were to run for office and be elected, that the country would soon recover. from what little i know about you and others on this forum, i would go so far as to state that we, for the greater part, hold much the same beliefs as our forefathers did.

God bless you Josh.
    peace brother and grace.

~john

9. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

The difficult thing, john, is that the ones doing the electing have shown where their hearts and minds are...and that is NOT in alignment with the founding fathers and their documents.

When a country has laws on the books -- due to the outcry of the people demanding such laws -- that legalize behaviors that God has called abominable, then there is nothing that "righteous" congressmen could do, even if elected, to turn things around. In other words, we are getting what we've collectively asked for. Voices like the ones heard here in TFF are drowned out.

I'm reminded of the story of Noah, as he tried for decades to warn those around him of the impending destruction that he had been told to prepare for. He was mocked...he was ignored...he was considered "crazy" I imagine...yet he remained faithful, and worked diligently and obediently, and he and his family were spared.

10. johnlives4christ

hello 4ever. i tend to disagree that if righteous congressmen were elected they couldnt do anything to turn the country around, if the government as whole was righteous men, they they could propose bills that would overturn laws/amendments that are currently in affect. now if it was just one or two then no, but given the majority, when voted on, a bill would pass. lets say a bill that would make abortion illegal. if the house and senate were mostly righteous people that believed it was wrong. someone brings up the idea, they vote on it the president says yeah, and then it is law. unless i am missing something, as i dont know near as much about it as i sh ould, being a free minded american who would like to see things turn around.

btw God bless you Mrs4ever :)

11. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

hi, john :)

Your scenario above (post #10) makes sense...but what I was saying was, as things stand now, we can see clearly the kinds of people who have been elected and are now running our country. And who elected them? Did people like you and I, and others here at TFF, elect them? Are we the majority? I think the answer to those questions is a resounding "No"...and therefore, we are being represented by people who do NOT represent what we stand for, or what we desire for our country.

If one of the premises of a republic is that the people elect representatives who reflect the desires of the majority of its citizens, then what we are seeing in Congress and the White House is a mirror of our country, and it ain't a pretty image!

I hope I'm making sense...."I" know what I mean and it makes perfect sense me! (lol) :)

And...God bless you, too, Mr. John!

12. johnlives4christ

true, sad but true. i would hope that the majority of the people in the country are as we are, and have sense enough to see through the fictitious agendas that most people running for office present. the problem i think is that the majority of people dont actually vote , aleast of there congressmen. although it might be a greater number of people than i would like to admit. however i personally dont like electorial votes and think that every vote should count towards the candidate for which it was cast. because it is posible for, and has happened several times that the president elect won the electorial vote but lost the popular vote. but in a situation where every vote would count it would be, atleast in my opinion more accurate.

13. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

john....I agree with you re: the popular vote vs. the electoral vote. It is maddening to watch the situation that you described in this regard.

I'll even add to that, though: I think we need to have a basic test given to each person before they are allowed to vote, with the questions in ENGLISH!

14. killbuck

killbuck New Member

If you ask me I think people should have to pass some kind of test to able to vote. That would help keep morons from voting for morons. Yes that goes for testing all those in the graveyards too who get to vote.

15. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

+1:mad::mad::mad: