The US Rifles

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 8:17:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    The US Rifles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the 03A3 in the middle is feeling just a tad bit lonely and needs a companion.

Guess that'll be my next purchase...

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/12/02 8:07:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: The US Rifles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Didn't you have an M1917 Enfield too? Gotta have one of those.

"TLynn's home for orphan Milsurp rifles.....donations tax deductible."

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/12/02 8:45:11 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: The US Rifles
    Well yes I could do with one of those as well XRacer - just haven't found one yet.

Got a 1917 Enfield - but it's a true Enfield (it's the year the rifle was made). Not quite the same thing though.

Chas
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/13/02 5:55:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 1917
    They had a 1917 at my local gun shop. The stock seemed a little beat-up. I don't know what they usually go for but it was a bit pricey for me...$300 I think.

I'd be happy to look into it for ya, TallT.

Chas

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/13/02 6:19:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 1917
    Chas, thanks but right now I'm just trying to pay off Christmas. Going to be awhile before I can afford much of anything.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/13/02 9:12:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1917
    Actually, "T", if yours is a British Pattern 14 (No.3, Mk.1) made during WW1, it probably WAS made here in the U.S. by Remington, Winchester, or Eddystone.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/13/02 9:17:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 1917
    It's a true "Lee" enfield XRacer, british marks and all.