The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reports of the IRS buying up millions of rounds of ammo AND a report I heard on FOX last night - the Federal Government is ending civilian sales of ammunition over-runs from the Lake City Arsenal/Ammo Plant - AND they are reducing staffing at Lake City.

The anti-gun crowd cannot openly ban our firearms (the public wouldn't stand for it) - but they CAN end our ammunition supply and achieve the same thing. You think ammunition and reloading supplies is expensive now? Hang onto your shorts. This is gonna get really bad really fast.

Better be a lot of folks cleaning up those old .22 adapters for their ARs. They want to shoot bullets from their ARs it may end up being .22 Long Rifle (while they wisely SAVE the regular stuff for SHTF). Those adapters are going to get big-time pricey as well....

·
GUNZILLA
9,108 Posts
It feels like the time we had the ban on AR's that lasted about 10 years. I recommend that if you have not already done so stock up, or begin buying 22lr by the cases. It is how I maintain my skillset.

·
Premium Member
7,471 Posts
855 is great blaster ammo,but I have'nt bought any in years.I'm thinking of just reloading everything I've got,pack up equipment except for 1 550 and a S/S...I train daily with a dedicated .22 AR I built-10.5 1/9 barrel,little JB Weld on gas port and have an identical weight .22 as my other ARs....and a beautiful trigger and 1x8,shoots 40gr great and 60gr SS under 1".

·
Registered
51 Posts
The IRS buying up tons of weapons and ammo isn't new BUT it's still a valid question, what is their goal? Why is so much tax money be used to arm what amounts to a pencil pushing agency? I get they do raids and such but the IRS doesn't lead those raids as far as I know, the FBI or some other acronym agency, depending on who they are going after, will run the tactical side. How many IRS agents actually go in the field and need more than sidearm for self defense? Maybe the IRS is a more deadly agency than I know.... Maybe they're all secretly non-traditional gun toting ninjas. According to this article from Americans for Tax Reform which only has data through 2019, the IRS is already armed to the teeth.

The current 4,600-gun stockpile includes 3,282 pistols, 621 shotguns, 539 rifles, 15 fully automatic firearms, and four revolvers.

According to the Government Accountability Office the ammunition breakdown is as follows:

• Pistol and revolver rounds: 3,151,500
  • Rifle rounds: 1,472,050
  • Shotgun rounds: 367,750
  • Fully automatic firearm rounds: 56,000

·
Registered
547 Posts
We only know about what’s being reported in the last two months. How much more have they purchased over the last two years? $5 million worth ? Or more? I bought the perfect storm theory for the first few month, but it’s been going on for 2 years now. I’m sorry John Q, Public is just not hoarding that much ammo, and ammo components for this long.

There will never be an investigation on how much ammo the Government has bought to keep out of the public’s hands, but there should be.

·
Registered
882 Posts
At House hearing on gun control, Chairman Nadler ask if guns would be used on American troops. It was a shocking idea to him. Just think a moment. Under what scenario would American troops be used against the public? The military by law is not allowed to be used against the public.
I know they have people in high command ranks that will sell out the Constitution and their oath in a heart beat. I have confidence that more junior grade combat officers would refuse unlawful orders and the enlisted combat MOS ranks would follow those officers.
I will say this, if they ever start the ball, it will be the time to ride the Left into the ground. No quarter round them all up to put on trial. No exceptions, political elites and the media oligarchs. Those who were office holders, appointees or employees of US Govt and engaged in the various frauds and conspiracies should have assets seized and executed. They were paid to do the peoples work while working against the people. Others refusing to do their duties and enforce the law , assets seized and prison sentences of at least 20yrs. Never to engage in politics or positions of public trust again. The same with those who conspired to bring illegals in the country by offering any aid to them.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Long ago I purchased ammo for each of my many calibers, when I found it at a good price I would buy more and have not had a problem with the so called “ammo shortages”. Currently I have about 12,000 rounds of 5.56 which should last me longer than I will be around to shoot it. “Be Prepared” was taught to me in my early scouting days and I have tried to abide by that thought during my lifetime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts