The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty young, and interested in guns. This prototype is on my grandfathers wall for a ling time, just now I thought about looking at it and trying to figure out what model it is. I've checked everywhere on the prototype, and there was no model written. Can someone help me? Im nee to guns btw

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
Like Griz said. It's either an 1866 Winchester or a clone of one. The stock is homemade and the forearm is a replacement since the barrel band is in the wrong place.
I'd bet it's an Italian made copy that's been "defarbed" as they call it if it has no markings on it. It should at least have a serial number on it, if that was removed.... well lets just hope it hasn't.

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
I thought it looked like some one put the front of a modern Win 94 on a Henry...........
The 1866 Yellow Boy rifles had a full length octagon barrel, this is supposed to be a '66 saddle ring carbine. Carbines had shorter round barrels. Similar to the barrels on a '94 carbine. 1894 rifles had full length octagon barrels back in 1894, they haven't made the '94 in rifle length in a heck of a long time except for a few special limited edition commemoratives.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.