They got another one

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Apr 11, 2009.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Seafarers official: Pirates hijack US tugboat

Apr 11, 10:50 AM (ET)

By MICHELLE FAUL and TOM MALITI

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) - The head of a Kenyan seafarers' program said Saturday that Somali pirates had hijacked an American-owned tugboat with 16 crew in the Gulf of Aden.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20090411/D97GASCO0.html

We need to put enough ordnance into Somali to make it a parking lot and pave it over.

2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Oh, but then we would appear to be at war with Islam. Obama won't have that. :rolleyes:

3. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

Can you blame the pirates, it's easy money as far as they are concerned & we have already demonstrated, thru utter incompetence, that we have no intentions of doing anything about it. Obviously, our government has tied the hands of our navy up. I mean we have got friggin' battleships setting there around the dinghy. This is embarrassing, the hostage jumped out of the dinghy to try to escape, and we just watched while a pirate jumped in the ocean, caught him, and then dragged him back to the dinghy, meanwhile back at the ranch, all we have is a dinghy filled with pirates, kinda seems like a good time to try out that new anti- pirate gun the govt. got you for a birthday present:eek::eek: Then another ship full of pirates went out and searched, until finally giving up, trying to find their buddies so they could load them (and you know they would take the hostage too) up and sail away to go hijack another ship. Now the part that is really sad, is the fact that the pirate ship had no fear showing itself, and was not blown straight to hell. They have absolutely no fear of the United States, and why should they:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I heard sometime and somewhere that the main reason ‘they’ wouldn’t allow the people to be armed was mostly because of insurance purposes. If these start happening more to of our ships, it will soon be more expensive to have an unarmed crew.

There has been quite the death toll of the recent years because of these pirates, if they were wise they would use the utmost care with Americans. Wait a minute, like I’m expecting Obomba to act like Regan or something, never mind.

Maybe we can call the upcoming bombings, Barbary II

5. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

I was interested yesterday as to why these crews were not armed. What I found on the net was that arms make it difficult for the ships to pass thru certain waters & dock at certain places. I guess countries don't want armed ships to contend with. Something's got to be done.
    Where's Pres Obama on this one? Not as fun for him as appearing on the Tonight show but maybe he'll take time from his celebrity building schedule to at least comment on this?:rolleyes:

6. artabr

artabr New Member

THANKS, BILL CLINTON !!!

:mad:
    Art

7. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Here's the lastest:

By MICHELLE FAUL and TOM MALITI, Associated Press Writers Michelle Faul And Tom Maliti, Associated Press Writers – 21 mins ago (09:30 PST)

NAIROBI, Kenya – Somali pirates hijacked an Italian-flagged tugboat with 16 crew Saturday, a NATO spokeswoman said, as U.S. warships closely watched a lifeboat where an American captain was being held hostage for a fourth day.

The tugboat was hijacked in the Gulf of Aden off Somalia's northern coast as it was pulling barges, said Shona Lowe, a spokeswoman at NATO's Northwood maritime command center.

The Foreign Ministry in Rome confirmed 10 of the 16 crew members are Italian. Italian government officials and the company that owned the vessel were involved in trying to secure their release, Lowe said.

The ship is owned by an Italian maritime services company, Micoperi. It was traveling from Singapore to transfer two empty barges to the Port of Suez, Fabio Bartolotti, the son of the company's owner, told The Associated Press.

So now we have Italy involved. I still wonder...could this end up being THE test of our new C I C?

8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'd like to see one of those cargo ships equipped with a crate filled with several GE mini-guns. When the pirate shows up, the crate opens up and emits a blaze of fire on the pirate ships. As Jeff Foxworthy said so eloquently, "won't do that no more, will ya?" :D

9. artabr

artabr New Member

Obama's too worried about his pizza party to deal with this. :rolleyes:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2372287.ece

Popgunner you're right. The anti-gun laws of the different countries prohibits firearms from being carried on these ships. The laws extend out to international waters.

Art

10. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

Just wait a few more weeks and we will see the zebra telling the world how bad all the US flagged ship have treated the world and that he plans to do something about it.

11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Q-ships! Bring back the Q-ships! They worked on German U-boats, they'll work on speedboats filled with backwards, ignorant pirates.

12. killbuck

killbuck New Member

We have to change the Rules of Engagement. That's what is stopping the military.

Pigs on the hill won't do that tho. There are no real patriots there. Only money grabbers. Tis a shame but it's true.

13. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I hate to qoute myself but I will be armed whether it be with a firearm or a plastic bag.