This is not intended to be a pooty stir, but !

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

bondai
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/15/01 2:14:13 pm)
    Reply This is not intended to be a Pooty stir, but !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had my eye on a Ruger snub nose .38 on GB. I missed the end of the auction due to a "honey do" taking much longer than expected. I tried to email the seller to ask him if he was going to relist the item or might be interested in a cash deal without GB being involved. Here is what I got.

"We are sorry but our messaging system cannot be used to send email to this user. Messages can only be sent between the seller and the winning bidder(s) for closed auctions. If the auction is open any registered user can contact the seller and ask the seller a question. Due to past abuses we no longer provide a general facility for any user to contact any other user."

Bullshit ! Allow me to give you my translation.

"We are sorry but we are losing to much money to side deals so we are cutting off the email"

Before everyone reminds me that "This is GB's site and they can do what they want" I agree with that much, But I still think it is CHICKEN SHIT..

I'm done, thanks for listening...
    "Be grateful that you are not getting all the government you are paying for"

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/15/01 2:57:24 pm)
    Reply Re: This is not intended to be a Pooty stir, but !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does the seller have anymore auctions going on right now? Maybe you can contact him that way.

It's a long shot, but maybe he also uses the same seller name on ebay or AA's. You might be able to go this route also to contact him/her.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/16/01 3:35:14 pm)
    GB is just following eBay's lead, they've had something like this contact policy in place for almost a year.

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/16/01 4:20:14 pm)
    Wonder if they mail ya Arabian Silk handkerchief with silver laden laces?
    Poor Babies...
    Of course what cud ya expect from the "G"ood "O"LE "B"oys?
    Charlie D
    ebay isn't a walk around tha park either!

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/16/01 9:15:25 pm)
    I know why it is now that way, and the reason is sound. LTS
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/16/01 10:00:17 pm)
    Re: This is not intended to be a Pooty stir, but !
    I agree with LTS, it is good that they have changed
    it, too many people were using that feature to screw
    up peoples auctions, I for one am glad they finally
    did something about it!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

bondai
    (12/17/01 4:15:20 pm)
    TAC, I posted this in the wrong forum by mistake, sorry. I tried to move but the board will not accept the use of my God like powers...won't take my user name or password...

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/17/01 11:36:17 pm)
    Re: This is not intended to be a Pooty stir, but !
    Should be fixed now bondai, I hope!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

bondai
    (12/18/01 6:08:20 pm)
    How do you screw up someones auction by asking them a question ?????

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/18/01 6:26:03 pm)
    Bondai, it wasn`t asking a question that caused this to be put in place. The problem was this....and it was getting out of hand. Some were emailing bidders and telling them cost, telling them they could sell it cheaper, telling them not to honor the bid and they would cut them a deal. These are the ones that caused it to happen. Snakes who don`t list products....just steal others business. It happen to us and we got on it fast, nothing like having all your bidders contacted for the clearance sale.....then if their burned, they have no recourse and a feedback fued starts between the original seller.....the bidder has to vent, so the seller takes the feedback hit, for a dirtballs (SNAKE) deal. Thats why, it ain`t fair.....but, man was it ripe for abuse and it was abused. Sorry......
    Every Day........

bondai
    (12/19/01 10:31:03 am)
    It still pisses me off !!