The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I here’d through the grapevine there was another S&W revolver NIB to be saved. I hated to do it but had to go down in the flatlands to get it. Found the place and guy drags out a Charter Arms 38 new in box. I was slightly POed that I drove 60 mile and it’s a CA. Told guy I had no interest what so ever in his gun. That put him down in the jaws. Then he ask if I would be interested in a deer rifle. He goes in house and drags out a 222 Rem, kicker- it’s a Marlin made by Sako. As you can see by picture on my floor I was somewhat interested. Guy inherited guns from FIL and didn’t know jack about them. He had been selling them off all summer. I don’t even want to know what I missed. He did give me some advice, regular 22 shells don’t fit, they are to small. Yippe -cuy - Ay. Not a old S&W but you can’t win ‘em all. Missing the Marlin Bullseye in stock. Will have to kick one out. Wood Wood stain Hardwood Varnish Plywood
Publication Wood Font Book Tints and shades
Wood Rectangle Bumper Font Audio equipment

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You gonna put one 'a them tube-thingeys on top fer aimin'?
It came with old Weaver K8, one of those pre self centering reticles. When we turned adjustments they were either froze or stripped. 1st order of business was to S-can scope. Going to check 0 on deer gun this week, I’ll slap something on it just to shoot. I’ve got a Rem 722 that is family gun so this Marlin is trading material anyway.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Is the .222 hotter than the .223?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts