The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I like spam but it is salty. I have it in my prepper stuff. I've eaten c_rats that taste better. My favorite was chopped and eggs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree A Ven, very salty. There is a lower sodium version and it's also salty. If I use it I try to use it as the sodium component in eggs or some such.

I tried the turkey version years ago and just didn't like it. But I bought another can of it a month ago just to refresh my memory of why I didn't like it. I haven't opened it yet.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Like A Ven, I have some spam in my prepper stuff. Every now and then, I will take one out and slice it and put a half a ring of pineapple between the slices and top it with a little brown sugar and a few raisins and pop it in the oven for a few minutes until the brown sugar begins to caramelize,,,m-m-m-m good!

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
I hadn't eaten SPAM in decades. Asked Joyce to get some and she did. I couldn't eat it because it is so salty.....and we ate a lot of that stuff when I was a kid. 'Course I can't stomach bologna anymore, either.

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
As kids, we used to love Spam with Franco American Spaghetti. Haven't had it for probably 60 yrs. Wife & I got to talking about it a few yrs ago, so we bought the makings. You can't go back!!
That holds true for me in a lot of ways.

·
Premium Member
20,310 Posts
We eat spam all the time growing up. Fried with eggs. Both my parents were WW2 vets. I think they eat this in the military a lot. Same with instant coffee. That's all we had growing up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts