This Sucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by combatvampire, Apr 7, 2009.

1. combatvampire

combatvampire New Member

Last Saturday I went to a local gun store, I wanted to compair the size of my Kel Tec PF9 to a 3AT because of late I have needed a smaller gun for certain times. I went in and they also had a Ruger LCP, and seeing how they are almost next to imposable to get I went ahead and picked it up. Now that I have had it for a few days now I have learned something. NOBODY HAS 380 AMMO. None at all I have looked everywhere, even online. Sorry I needed to vent.:mad:

2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

3. CampingJosh

4. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

same with .32 ACP.

5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Could be caused by newbee shooters. You know, they go into the store for a small self protection gun and come out with a little .380 and enough ammo for WW4!

I often wish I could see the face on the guys that do that when they first get to try it out..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  6. combatvampire

combatvampire New Member

If you go to the Sportsman and put it in your cart it says they wont have it until July. Others are a longer wait.

7. CampingJosh

8. CampingJosh

I think the problem is more likely caused by the mass of new .380 models released in the last couple years. A few years ago, you pretty much just had the PPK/PPKS (and clones), but now the .380 seems to be about the hottest thing going, and everybody makes one.

Ammo companies naturally must be reactive to customer demands. They can't just produce massive amounts of a particular caliber and make people want it. As the market changes, it takes them awhile to feel out what the long-term demand is going to be and to adjust production accordingly.

9. combatvampire

combatvampire New Member

Thanks, Looks like they have that, now if I can only find HP. I cont belive a dollar a round.

10. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

11. ARB

ARB New Member

I had to go through Cabela's. It took about two weeks but that's pretty good considering all the miles I've put on my ride driving back and forth to BassPro to find nothing.
    One more thing. My LCP was pretty finicky about the brand it would take. I found that Speer Gold Dot did very well. Remington jammed up once or twice a magazine. My PPK still likes it though.

12. combatvampire

combatvampire New Member

13. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

The concealed carry classes here are loaded to the max. Everyone is going thru the class and alot of women choose the .380 for their conceal weapon and i think that is where part of the increase in demand is coming from?
    Why they just don't choose 9mm or 38special instead is beyond me. Those 38s are pretty tame. Wemen afraid of recoil should love 38s....

mike
    gn

14. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Had I known back in November that a .380 was a bad choice, I wouldn't have bought it. I have had nothing but problems with the gun, and only have ~137 rounds of ammo for it. Right now it's off to the factory for recall work, I've never put more than 63 rounds through it.

I like my Ruger .357 though, and have a large supply and variety of ammo for that!

15. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

I have yet to see a lady that didn't like the .380. The recoil is low, and the guns just shoot great.