This Type of Crap Gives All Dealers a Bad Name

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/22/02 11:20:26 am)
    This Type of Crap Gives All Dealers a Bad Name...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Harris Co Sheriff's Dept is now authorized to carry 5.56mm carbines on patrol, but they are limited to carbines manufactured by Colt, Bushmaster or Armalite. I'm selling LEO Colts for $800, and have sold about 15 so far.

Now, I'm hearing about an individual working out of his home on the north side of the county that has been selling 'LEO Bushmasters' for $550! These are supposedly new Bushy's. Well, I figured something was up because I cant buy them from Quality Parts for that, even if I buy them twenty at a time.

So... I got a deputy to bring one by. He's proud as hell of his new rifle, and smug that I could not touch the price. The gun is a Bushmaster lower, all right. Post-ban serial number, but with functional 4-position lower and bayo lug. The receiver does NOT have the 1994 required markings. I opened it up and found some M16 internals...

This jackleg is building illegal parts guns on Bushmaster lowers and selling them to these gun-ignorant deputies as LEO Bushmasters! You'd think that not being required to provide a law-enforcement letterhead would have been a clue, but apparently not...

I know of at least 10 of these rifles on the street... guess my next phone call is to you-know-who...
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/22/02 11:27:42 am)
    Reply Re: This Type of Crap Gives All Dealers a Bad Name...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What amazes me is how blatant (or extremely stupid) some folks can be. Do you think Bubba has a clue he is doing anything ilegal?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/22/02 11:39:05 am)
    Re: This Type of Crap Gives All Dealers a Bad Name...
    I think he believes that because he is selling to LEO's it is OK. Most of these deputies are young and believe they are somehow exempt from federal law...

Wake-ups all the way around...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/22/02 12:23:09 pm)
    That is an interesting delima. Police owning illegal rifles AND yes....they are illegal for them to personally own, no matter what. M16 parts in an AR15, that....no matter what, is a BIG no-no. Several major violations by police/sheriff officers and him, not to mention....I bet he is a Class I dealer, which is another violation. All involved are in deep do-do, as LEO`s,, they are skirting a law they know. They all need a wake up call. LTS

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/02 1:31:20 pm)
    DOC: DROP THE DIME!!!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/22/02 1:48:00 pm)
    Yo IB, welcome to the 2000`s.....drop a dime????

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/22/02 4:22:42 pm)
    It's about like goin in tha "PumpHouse Saloon" and
    reading their new sign ---

"HYDRATE OR DIE''!!!"

ORDER:
    "BOB's BEST" (The front runner in terms of quality)
    (Don't be fooled by
    imitations & copycat
    Liquor)

Charlie D

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/22/02 4:29:20 pm)
    NFA Branch - (202) 927-8330.

TFF VMBB Email Tac

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/02 5:20:37 pm)
    Interesting story...probable outcome? Seller gets 40-agent welcoming party at his house late one night, complete with candles. Buyers receive promotions for successful "sting" operation, and turning state's evidence. Oops! Keep us posted.

boomatic
    (8/23/02 11:10:27 am)
    Amazingly Delta Sierra...

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."
    Thomas Jefferson

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/23/02 4:15:09 pm)
    YO bro, I lost ma head. Not that I use stupid cell fones, but I guess its a 1/4 or a 1/2

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/24/02 10:59:17 am)
    dat be a 4-bit phone call now-a-days