This Way, or That Way?

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Joe Cortesi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Joe Cortesi

Joe Cortesi Active Member

:lol:

Guts3d and carver like this.
  2. carver

carver Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That about sums up the way I think also. When I was a boy of 9, I hunted anything we could eat. No one gave me bullets, I had to buy them with money that I came up with. Usually my targets were tin cans, the white portion of a strike anywhere kitchen match, or nail in a board, or in the blaze on a tree. That was only if I was shooting against someone, usually, bullets were money! Kids my age, back in the day, learned to shoot by application, and hunger. If you didn't hit what you shot at, you might not eat that day! I'm now 70, and I still have a hard time just shooting paper, or clay birds, etc. If I can't eat it, and it don't pose no threat to me, why shoot it?:D

3. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

I'm 62 and never been that way. I didn't have to buy my own ammo until I was 12. I've been shooting for as long as I can remember. Dad was a mechanic and would set up oil cans in the back yard. I can remember when I was three or four with him holding the rifle and me pulling the trigger on a .22 Browning he bought for me when I was three. The first paper target I ever shot was at a turkey shoot when I was 11 and it was actually thin cardboard. I always shot cans, bottles, sticks, rocks, empty cartridge cases etc. I like to see a reaction when a bullet hits something.

BlackEagle, Kvasir, Broot and 3 others like this.
  4. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

Me too. I shoot paper to see why I might've missed a reactionary target.

One Shot and Kvasir like this.