The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find any info on this T/C collector's set. I even called T/C (S&W) and they couldn't provide any info at all. I have been researching online and haven't been able to find this complete set anywhere else. Just curious if anyone knows how many of these were made and a possible selling price. It is in perfect condition (unfired) and no blemishes that I can see. Thanks!
25 ann full.jpg
25 ann 38 special barrel.jpg
25 ann gun right side.jpg
25 ann xtra barrels.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
This set was made for the 25th anniversary of the Contender pistol and a tribute to Warren Center, its inventor. There were 25 of the sets made but don't remember how much they originally sold for.

Sprint

·
Super Moderator
41,377 Posts
Okay, I did finally find some information on the T/C set you have.

First of all, let me mention this: at TFF we have come to the conclusion that the pricing we give will be out of The Standard Catalog of Firearms, which is a truer "picture" of value. I searched the Standard Catalog and found absolutely nothing concerning the 25th Anniversary Edition. If it is in there, I completely missed it.

This morning I dug out the 33rd edition of the Blue Book of gun values (2012) and found this information. This is quoted directly out of that book:

• Contender 25th Anniversary Cased Set - cased set with 5 barrels including .22LR, .22 WMR, .22 Jet, .22 Hornet, and .38 Spl, 50 sets mfg, 1992 only.
  • 100% $1,850 98% $1,550 95% $1,225
  • Last MSR was $1,975

Hopefully, this will give you a starting place!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry, my memory is not as good as it once was! In my post above, I said there were 25 of these sets made.....there were 50.

This is the 1992 catalog with the info on this pistol set. No price mentioned in the catalog.

1992 Catalog Cover.jpg

1992 Catalog Page 3.jpg

I also have a photo of Warren Center's set at his home that I took one day when visiting. Will try to look it up and post it.

Sprint

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This h
Sorry, my memory is not as good as it once was! In my post above, I said there were 25 of these sets made.....there were 50.

This is the 1992 catalog with the info on this pistol set. No price mentioned in the catalog.

View attachment 172840
View attachment 172842

I also have a photo of Warren Center's set at his home that I took one day when visiting. Will try to look it up and post it.

Sprint
This helps a lot! I am so glad I joined this forum. Everyone has been so helpful I really appreciate it. I received a ton of T/C gear from dad and unfortunately a lot of it is wildcat cartridges which doesn't do me much good so I might be offloading a bunch of gear. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
41,377 Posts
I would like to request that if you do decide to offload a bunch, that you first list it here in the "Buy/Sell/Trade" forum before going elsewhere. I would like to see what you have that I might need.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to request that if you do decide to offload a bunch, that you first list it here in the "Buy/Sell/Trade" forum before going elsewhere. I would like to see what you have that I might need.
Absolutely, I plan on going through everything and making a list of what I am keeping and what I am willing to get rid of. My father usually bought two of every barrel, one to shoot and one to collect so almost everything I will part with will most like be brand new and sealed in the original box. I am hoping to have the list completed within a week (depending on my work schedule). Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Value keys on whether or not the gun has been fired. Unfortunately, the market for commemorative guns is somewhat limited because many, if not most, collectors want guns they can shoot. Shoot a commemorative and the value will likely plunge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm guessing that the $4500.00 one had it's value enhanced because it was presented to the guy who designed the gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts