The Firearms Forum banner

Thoughts on CZ 75 Compact

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  garydude 
#1 ·
Specifically on the safety/decocker versions. I think all my SA/DA's have a decocker and I like that feature. They all decock completely. My understanding is that the CZ goes to half cock. Is that correct and do you like that. I don't know if I'd like the safety only version that requires manual only decocking. Thoughts appreciated. BTW, I'd handle some if I could find some locally.

#2 ·
Sorry jedwil, I can't help with the decocker version as mines the one with the manual safety. I've raced mine up with Cajun gunworks parts. It now has a skeletonized hammer, among other parts, but I manually decock mine by holding the hammer and letting it down with no problem at all. As always, have it pointed in a safe direction while doing so.

Imho, if I was looking to purchase their decocker version I wouldn't hesitate. The quality of any of the cz products are outstanding.

#3 ·
I've been looking around the Seattle area for a CZ75 Compact too, without much luck. I went to a gun show yesterday and then to 5 gun stores, only to see some P07's. I'm a little confused at all of the different models. There is the Compact, PCR, P01 and several other variants depending on where you look.

#8 ·
Look at the CZ USA site, it should answer all your questions.

I don't have the Compact but I do have the SP01 Tactical with decocker and love it.

Reactions: jedwil
#9 ·
I was able to find a CZ75D Compact a couple weeks ago at a LGS. The problem I see with mail ordering a gun, it might be cheaper, by the time you pay for shipping, sales tax and the transfer, you might as well but it local if you can find one; which in my experience has been a push.

#10 ·
I have a cz75, 2 of the cz75b and 2 of the cz75b compacts and none have a decocker. As firefighter says, get it, the CZs are quality firearms, period. Few people know that CZ was THE ONLY entrant to pass ALL requirements when our govt changed from 45acp to 9mm. Of course Beretta finished dead last and the govt picked them.
I carry my CZ75 inside the waistband. It is second only to my H&K P7 M13 for natural accuracy.
UF

#11 ·
I owned the compact cz75d pcr until last week.

Sights were too small for me

It was a wonderful gun, accurate, reliable and fit my hand perfectly

Thought I'd keep it forever but my eyes need better sights

I highly recommend it

14+1, a joy to carry and shoot

I can't afford to keep them all so had to sell to help fund other purchases

The only thing (besides the sights) I didn't care for was the serrations in the trigger- I prefer smooth triggers

I always thought it fully decocked

It had a smooth DA, great SA and nice reset... was one of the most accurate 9mm I've ever owned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.