Thoughts-Opinions on Counter Sniper Brand scopes.

Discussion in 'AR 15 Forum' started by SpaceCowby43, Feb 13, 2018 at 12:49 AM.

1. SpaceCowby43

SpaceCowby43 New Member

Got one of the Counter Sniper brand scopes for my Remington R-25 and found out immediately that the trigger was a mandatory upgrade for any serious shooting. Never knew there could be that much creep in a trigger. I have the Counter Sniper scope installed and it has done oK in the limited range firing I have done but I wanted to get input from someone that may have used it under more extremes and find out if I need to stick with it and move forward or ditch it for a scope with a tried and proven rep. I got the Counter Sniper Scope at such a bargain that I am suspicious.
    ANy info would be appreciated.
    SpaceCowby43

2. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just went to the Counter Sniper web site They advertise really high prices (upwards of $400 on contract overrun scopes) and in the 3 -6,000 dollar range for regular pricing. So if price is an indicator they maybe a good deal depending on what you call a bargain. If it suits your needs why not keep it? I say all this but am by no means an expert on firearms optics.

3. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

if you want to talk about bad triggers try a DPMS Oracle. It felt like it was full of gravel.

4. The4thhorsemen

The4thhorsemen Private Military Contractor Supporting Member

The number one thing I look at when buying a 200.00 scope or a 5,000.00 scope is what type of reticle does it come with. I run both first and second focal plane optics and use both MOA and MILS but prefer MILS. The scope you are using is by no means a junker but also may not be suited to your way of shooting is it an MRAD optic if so do you understand MRAD clicks ? Either way beware if the price was to good it may be a knock off. I know guys who like myself prefer the Nightforce BEAST but had to learn a whole new way of shooting in order to use it.