The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I'm considering buying one of the
GHOSTGUNNER II. I was wondering what some thoughts or whatever that people around this site might want to share. Thing costs $1500.00 and they are made to order requiring a $250.00 deposit. :eek: :rolleyes:

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,259 Posts
Good Morning...reading something that you're not sure about kind of makes one 'Nosey'
Ghost Gunner II was listed on Google where I always try to 'sort things out'......
WHAT....WHY....HOW....Is it like the 'hunting for Snipes' that I was nailed with as a
kid....out there in the dark forest....a gunny-sack, beating on a pie-tin with a stick, calling out in the
darkness, "HERE SNIPE...HERE SNIPE"? Chief

Ghost Gunner 2
$250.00
Country
Quantity

Ghost Gunner 2 Deposit
This deposit secures your place in the wait list for a 2016 Ghost Gunner 2. Your order will contain the fully-assembled GG2 CNC, plastic mounting jig, software and operating instructions. You will be asked to pay the remaining balance of $1250 at your convenience after procurement. Orders will not ship until after payment of final balance.

Delivery Policy
We charge a $100.00 flat fee for shipping the GG2 domestically. Shipments to Canada and Mexico are an additional $100 and will be made without the inclusion of any .DD gun files.

Note: due to current lead times this deposit is non-refundable.

Share Tweet Pin it 19 Fancy +1
Latest News
Now offering AR-15 lowers for your Ghost Gunner

They are 7075 billet aluminum AR-15 80% receivers, designed by DD and machined in Ohio specifically for the Ghost Gunner. Free shipping! Click here to view the 80% lower receivers...

Copyright © 2016, Ghost Gunner. Made in the USA from US and imported parts

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
"We're selling a THING, and there is a $250 deposit to get on the waiting list. We hope to ship the THING eventually, but we don't know exactly when.

"Deposit on the THING is non-refundable."

Can you say SCAM???

·
Registered
21,277 Posts
lots of people have them and are using them to finish 80 percent lowers

I guess if you want a DIY AR15 that bad, you can buy one, maybe go in with some friends and have a big party finising your 80 percent lowers on the weekend

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
so it's just a big cnc jig / machine.

feed in 80% lowers and it spits out lowers ready for parts kits?

IF that was true, and you were buing 80%'ers by the case to make and sell..then you COULD make money thru volume.

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
If you were buying 80% lowers by the case, finishing them, and selling the results, you would need to get a manufacturing FFL and assign serial numbers to all those lowers, and the buyers would have to do a 4473 and be called in.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the 80% lower, don't it?

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
If you were buying 80% lowers by the case, finishing them, and selling the results, you would need to get a manufacturing FFL and assign serial numbers to all those lowers, and the buyers would have to do a 4473 and be called in.

how do manufacturers do it? aren't they buying lower blanks and finishing them?

I'm not disagreeing about the license and regulation, just looking at the 1500$ tool from a business stand point. Sure.. it's 1500$.. but if you are selling guns in volume.. it very well could pay for itself.

For personal use? Unless you are a 'I want one of each' type collector.. it will take a while to come out. $ wise.

I guess a group of friends could go in on one, and as someone else mentioned, eah have a handfull of 80% rcvrs and have a milling party one weekend and each guy have the fun of making his own gun or something.

Maybee a club could purchase a machine, and let members have access to it for each person to make their own lower???

·
Registered
21,277 Posts

If you make a gun for you own use, you don't put a SN on it.
No FFL needed

If you buy this machine and make one for yourself and your friend comes buy and borrowed your machine and took it home and made himself a lower from a 80%, no FFL and so on.

·
Registered
21,277 Posts

I guess a group of friends could go in on one, and as someone else mentioned, eah have a handfull of 80% rcvrs and have a milling party one weekend and each guy have the fun of making his own gun or something.
bingo! that is why these things are selling

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
Its a niche market, but I think the market IS there for low volume, made as needed rigs like this. Sounds just like a dedicated cnc with a set jig.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how do manufacturers do it? aren't they buying lower blanks and finishing them?

I'm not disagreeing about the license and regulation, just looking at the 1500$ tool from a business stand point. Sure.. it's 1500$.. but if you are selling guns in volume.. it very well could pay for itself.

For personal use? Unless you are a 'I want one of each' type collector.. it will take a while to come out. $ wise.

Maybee a club could purchase a machine, and let members have access to it for each person to make their own lower???
That's not a bad idea. I mean getting some of my buddies to go in on it with ne. I'm gonna make some calls tonight.

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
That's not a bad idea. I mean getting some of my buddies to go in on it with ne. I'm gonna make some calls tonight.
Looking at the math, if you and 9 friends went in, and bought 20 rcvr blanks, and each guy made 2 for himself, I think $ would be a wash. If 3 were made each, that's where you might say it has actually made stuff cheaper across the board.

Who's into ar's that dont have 3 lowers?

Lets see, mental math here.

Counting rifle and pistol lowers... I have.. More than 3..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking at the math, if you and 9 friends went in, and bought 20 rcvr blanks, and each guy made 2 for himself, I think $ would be a wash. If 3 were made each, that's where you might say it has actually made stuff cheaper across the board.

Who's into ar's that dont have 3 lowers?

Lets see, mental math here.

Counting rifle and pistol lowers... I have.. More than 3..
Yeah I know. Three should be minimum. o_O I'm waiting on an answer from some friends on it now. :rolleyes: This could actually workout for us. ;)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
If you arent already on ATF and/or homeland watchlist, your not trying hard enough!!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts