Throated Chambers?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by glocknut, Apr 28, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I see on the Wilson Combat website that they "throat" the chambers for reliability reasons. Since the chamber is widened a bit does that affect the brass ability to be reloaded? Maybe reducing the number of times the brass can be reloaded because its being streached more each time it goes thru that throated chamber?

Opinions please...

mike
    gn

2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Throating has been done for a very long time, possibly 30 odd years, and if done properly will have no detrimental effect on the case. I have no doubt Wilson do a proper job.

If you have concerns, give them a call or EMail. You may be surprised how helpful a good firm can be.

3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

long before it was done at the factory people in the know with a dremel have been doing this for years, the case is still well supported and the brass is still reloadable

4. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Thanks for the replies Tranter and oscarmayer!

mike
    gn

5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

glocknut :D:D:D the throated chambers on the 1911's are better supported than on factory glocks...... no kabooms :p sorry couldn't help myself

6. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I would have expected no less from such a "weiner".... :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

mike
    gn

7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

:eek: note to self, must not give the busness to fellow forum members, with my handle it's way to easy for a rude reponse :p

8. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

Lots of luck getting an answer; I've emailed them no less than three times and no reply,it was about compatibality of one of their products.
    Hell most places you email either don't answer or send "standard reply #3.

Smoky

9. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

ah yes it's every where the death of customer service. regsister clerks on cell phones acting as if you're a bother for asking them to do their jobs . orders screwed up at fast food joints, phone calls not returned, email ignored. clerks that can't make change for a transaction if the power is out and the regsister isn't working.......

10. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

:D:D:D:D

mike
    gn