Throw down gun

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Slowalkintexan, Jan 8, 2020.

1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

I don't think I condone a throw down, What's loosing a little more expensive firearm compared to
    tampering with the seen of a crime, plus you would be lying and when it comes time to take the polygraph test...UH OH.
    My friend who shot a wolf says he would have dropped a SKS at the seen rather than have the F&G confiscate his Weatherby, It was a beautiful rifle and I don't know if he'll ever get it back.
    Worth it or not!....I don't think so.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Suicide*Ride and ms6852 like this.
  2. Catman1942

Catman1942 Well-Known Member

we brought up protected animals of the furry kind. here we say sss, shoot shovel and sut up. if you shoot a mountain lion you make sure you recover the bullet, they send it to the lab to see if they can find the gun. you take it off your land as it may have a ear inplant. if you dont like a neighbor you throw it down one of his old wells. put it on a train car is the best thing then they can chase it to who knows were. never call the feds if you shoot a mountain lion, and most of all recover the bullet and never keep the claws or anything of it. it would be worse than shooting a human if your caught. i know ranchers around here who get so sick of antelope ruining their alfalfa that they shoot them and let them lay. ive found some really good horns from that. the big horns make really nice small powder horns. as to a human who breaks in your house and comes at you. make darn well shure he has a weapon in his hand. sad we live in a country where we have to think like that but it is what it is. back in the early 60/s in seattle washington when i had to use a 38 against a burglar the cops said why in the you know what didnt you just kill him. it is a different day and a different time. do what you have to do. it is best you are the only witness. dont count on your wife to be a good one. she maybe too stessed out to get it right and help send your to the big house. hard post to reply to but a good one to get real in this get real world. remember, if you sit in on enough court sessions, both sides are lieing. that is the way it always is. just make sure yours add up.

Don Fischer and Designer like this.

3. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

umm, if the police catch you just once with a cheap "throw down gun" it may come back to haunt you later when it is found on a "perp" you just shot... Nope just not worth the risk.

4. Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

I don't know about your state but in my state if someone breaks into my house I shoot them no need for a drop gun. It's something called the castle doctrine.

5. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

No. I'm not going there.
    If someone comes after me and I fear for my life, I'm shooting them.
    I'm not even considering a cover up.
    If I can run, I will, if I can de-escalate, I will. I only intend to make a justified shooting. Planning for anything else is inviting it.

6. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT No Power Options Supporting Member

"...well, he should have armed himself."

SilasW and shootbrownelk like this.
  7. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

Especially if they read this thread and you said that is what you would do in this situation. This is a public forum subject to discovery.

Learn about furtive movements and don’t ever consider planting evidence. Lot’s of cops sitting in jail for that. Really bad idea to ever consider such a thing.

Just my two cents.

8. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

A "drop gun" is absolutely a horrible stupid idea, second only to the "shoot him outside, then drag him inside" one. Tampering with evidence is the way a good shoot gets turned into a felony. Do not think they can't figure out the crime scene has been tampered with. I work in prison - I do NOT want to live here, and neither do you.

9. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

I agree. Not smart and prison is no place to be.

I have already spent enough time behind bars. Preaching that is, at a maximum security prison in CA.

I greatly appreciated my get out of jail free card, my drivers license that they held the couple of hours I was inside. I never felt comfortable in that place even though the Lord met with us every time.

Not a place any sane person would ever want to be. Scary place even though I never saw any violence during the tine I preached there.

10. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

I certainly have shot a couple Hi-Points. They do indeed go bang. I just couldn't get past the Fugly-Factor. But hey, that's just me.

ms6852 likes this.
  11. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just to say. A polygraph test will never be asked for.
    It is still not admissible in court.
    And Court is not a Jerry Springer show.
    Mike

ms6852 likes this.
  12. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

My father always told me to run from a fight, but if they catch you open the gates of hell and give them hell. I was not a very runner.o_O

13. Catman1942

Catman1942 Well-Known Member

• goofy, good reply, very practical.

14. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride DEPLORABLE member Supporting Member

No offense to the OP,

I'm don't understand why anyone would ask this question. o_O

Kinda like asking:

'Would you wear a condom during a rape?', or, 'Would you use a real gun or a fake gun while robbing a bank.'

EXACTLY! :cheers:

There should never be a reason why you would need to / want to drop a weapon after shooting it, unless it was MT, & you were grabbing another one to end the threat.

S*r

kpic, armoredman and Alpo like this.
  15. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT No Power Options Supporting Member