The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RugerNiner
(1/21/03 6:21:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All "Assault Weapon" Evils?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I put a Thumbhole Stock on my AK-47 does that eliminate one of the three evils (Pistol Grip) and allow me to add another evil in it's place (Flash Suppressor or Brake)?

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

boomatic
V.I.P. Member
(1/21/03 7:08:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: "Assault Weapon" Evils?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assault weapon Elvis...

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
Boom-a-tic
*Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(1/21/03 7:16:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
No sir it does not.

ATF has ruled that a thumbhole stock is a version of a seperate pistol grip, and so treats those stocks the same as the pistol grips. That's why you dont see those anymore on new guns.

·
Registered
55 Posts
AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(1/21/03 7:16:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
No sir it does not.

ATF has ruled that a thumbhole stock is a version of a seperate pistol grip, and so treats those stocks the same as the pistol grips. That's why you dont see those anymore on new guns. [/B]
If the ATF treats a thumbhole stock and a pistol grip stock the same, then why all the worring about converting over to us made parts to install a pistol grip? I guess I missed something. Why can't they just say what the law is. Black and white instead of all the "vauge and open to intepertation" crap?

Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts