The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love getting a deal. It is right up there in my top five favorite things in the world.

#1. Her
#2. A new fire arm
#3. Her again.
#4. The smell of Hoppies #9
#5. Getting a good deal on anything.

I just finished acid testing my newest deal and I could not be happier with it.

I bought a Thumlers Tumbler B model for my reloading set up. It was USED HARD and not taken care of very well. The guy was using a rubber band for a drive belt. It was beat up looking like trash. I got it for 59 bucks + S&H. And considering the condition it was in that was not a deal.

So I fixed it up. Some sand blasting, some paint, added a timer and some rubber feet so it won't walk while running. I grounded the entire unit. and what I ended up with turns out to be a great deal.

The only parts of it that were in good shape were the motor and the bucket liner.

This is my $59 Thumler B Model.

For the acid test I ran 5 pounds of steel pins, 1 gal of water and 10 pounds of pennies for 8 solid hours. It ran beautifully and I now have some very clean pennies.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,870 Posts
Looks almost new.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
I have a round tumbler from past days, but not the base and motor. That tumbler is ideal so never get rid of it. The motor is replaceable. You have a good tumbler. Good job.

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
That is a beauty, now!

I had a Thumler's Tumbler that had a drum made out of rubber that I used for about 30 years. When my neighbor started reloading, I gave it to him. That was 6 or 7 years ago and he is still using it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Fantastic job, there is simply no other tumbler that compares to the thumler. I only wish I could be running more than one!

·
Super Moderator
28,080 Posts
Nice refurb and I like the addition of the timer. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts