The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well now you guys have me wondering about my desire to have a 45-70. Don't know which one I may choose but do want one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Put the thickest sorbothane (gummy) recoil pad you can get on it and buy the longest barrel you can find on it. The recoil was why they ported those guide gun shorties, but I would never own a ported gun as I need my hearing to detect game.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! Next thing you know you'll be looking at front stuffing Pennsyltucky long rifles and and half stocked Hawken rifles.... :eek:
Got one of each of those. One of my favorite small game hunts is stalking squirrels with my 32 caliber pennseltucky long rifle. A lot more fun than using a 22. My 50 caliber Hawken is my favorite big game muzzleloader. Had to put it on the back burner for a few years due to trouble seeing the sights but now my eyes have improved to the point I can use open sights again it will be with me this muzzle loading season again. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with the old girl again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts