The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine asked if i was interested in purchasing a gun from a friend of his. It’s a Tikka M595. 7mm-08 with a composite stock. My question is what is a fair price for this gun with a entry level Bushnell Trophy scope. 4-12 x 40 . The gun is in good condition.

·
Super Moderator
44,168 Posts
Without pictures, it will be impossible to tell you what it is worth. Now, with that being said, I searched GunsAmerica and see them from $608 up to $868 for just the rifle. I don't know if they are new or used.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Here are 3 trophy scopes on sale at midway:
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=Bushnell+Trophy+scope+4-12+x+40&userItemsPerPage=48

Different gear I have had outside of guns had used going for 25-35 % of purchase price if the items were in good shape. But for scopes and guns, I don't know how that works.

Check the gun library of cabelas for across the usa and see if they have any 7-08's on sale. The hit people pretty hard on buying any gun so figure the people probably took around maybe 50% if even that.

·
GUNZILLA
8,114 Posts
I never offer more than 70% to 75% for a used rifle if the rifle is in great condition. Find what the price of a new rifle same model and make the offer if they refuse be patient and save for a new one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They came back with a price of $700 for the gun and scope rings, from what I could find out, that is about what the gun cost new. So I told them I wasn't interested, that I'd rather spend $50 more ($750) and get a new Sauer bolt action rifle.

I agree with you two above, those were my thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nah, the price is too high. Tikka rifles require special rings.

Tikka rifles are very good and very accurate and so are Sauer rifles. In fact, Sauer is on my next buy list as soon as I decide on a caliber.

Today, the only rifles I buy come with an accuracy guarantee using the ammunition they recommend. Both Sauer and Tikka come with that guarantee.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you after some thing specific- caliber,make,purpose for job? Since you helped me out. Might I be of service by offering some thing made by Homer Koon. Not some thing you find on many shelves but I doubt there are many doubters to the abilities of Homer's rifles and work. Homer's Alpha in 284 (currently has a 308 barrel on it, still have the 284 barrel for it as well - just had to test the 2 calibers and a barrel maker) is my favorite short action and I'm willing to part with one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have a Sauer 100XT - 308 Winchester, the bolt is very smooth, and is extremely accurate. I'll definitely buy another.

I appreciate the assistance, but I wasn't really looking for anything specific, the opportunity came up for the Tikka, if it was a good price, then I would have bought it. Kind of an opportunity purchase, not necessarily an itch that needed scratching!

How did those stocks work out for you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The sun came out so I have been cutting wood- alot. That TC stock you sent. I can not get the thought of incorporating a wood trigger gaurd on a winchester 52 like on that TC out of my head.

Supposed to rain soon so I will be back to the duplicator soon enough. And it sounds like your not interested in the Alpha so I won't dig it out for pictures.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine asked if i was interested in purchasing a gun from a friend of his. It’s a Tikka M595. 7mm-08 with a composite stock. My question is what is a fair price for this gun with a entry level Bushnell Trophy scope. 4-12 x 40 . The gun is in good condition.
JRK - please message me if your friend still has the M595 they're looking to sell.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts