The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's a good price I paid way more for a single action ruger convertible w/6" barrel in stainless. I been wanting a 9 1/2" barrel in a 22 convertible next I think that rough rider offers one.

There offering new models in 9 shot cylinders too with adjustable sights too.

Sounds like fun when the family gets together with some empty soda a cans with one of these revolvers means bragging rights when the shoot is over.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Like carver posted, hold out for the adjustable sight version.
The fixed sights aren't bad for a plinker, but I haven't seen one yet that was sighted in decent from the factory. Not very good trail guns for popping bunnies, gophers, or other varmints until you get the sights dialed in.
But the adjustable sights are big, gangly, clumsy suckers compared to the adjustable sights on the Ruger Single-Six/Single-Tens though.

I personally prefer the steel-frame ones over the alloy models too...it's just a better balance in my hand though.

Either option does up the price, but I think it's worth it.

A lot of guys around here have been snapping either the .22lr or combo models up due to the low pricetag.
$190 isn't a bad price for the combo up here on the other end of SD but for a single-caliber you should be able to do better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts