Tired of asking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

4wheeler
    (1/6/03 10:17:25 pm)
    Reply Tired of asking?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    what a gun is worth? Would someone recommend a good gun values book. I have seen the Blue Book of gun values.Is this the one to buy?

Packet
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 10:27:49 pm)
    Reply Re: Tired of asking?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes. Keep in mind that the prices in that book are averages from recent sales around the country. The price for a certain firearm can differ quite a bit from one region to another.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/6/03 10:29:36 pm)
    Reply Hey!!!
    4-Wheeler, Don't know if there is any good book(it's all about market, and what your collecting)...Get the latest edition of Blue book...get the latest edition of Guntrader...Subscribe to ShotGun News...Check all on-line auctions for the latest market values...and you'll be on the right track!...

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 9:38:56 am)
    Reply Re: Hey!!!
    Pricing is all relative between seller and buyer, various scenarios, and different areas of the country. The Blue Book of Gun Values is a valuable tool in aiding in the identification, model numbers, etc. - and it will give you a very general barometer of prices across the country - but keep in mind it is only general! A pistol that might be worth $200 in New Jersey may be worth $150 in St. Louis, and $100 in Dallas. Another function is who is selling and buying - if you take a gun into a gunshow to sell it, don't expect to get Blue Book value from a dealer! They will likely give you 25 to 50% less than Blue Book, because they have to turn around and sell it to make a profit! If it is a collectable item, the right collector may give you closer to Blue Book price.

So it is all relative. The Blue Book will just give you a general idea of a price.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/03 1:20:24 pm)
    4wheeler, like the man said get a copy of the blue book and use it for a "guide' , IF u got more $$, "The Standard Catalogue of Firearms" from Krause, antique American stuff Flayderman's is good. I wooden waste my money on the shotgun news, go for The Gun List instead, comes out every 2 weeks an has thousands of adds from guys like U an me, SG is loaded with full page spreads from the big wholesalers etc. but thas my opinion. All of them are guides, no such thing as the final word, that is between U an the seller, or buyer as the case may be. Check out the auction sites on the net an keep trak of the ones that interest U. then U see what something sells for......mebbe, aint that rite cowboy??

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 5:40:45 pm)
    What IB said!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.