The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,083 Posts
Could someone who can read obviously better than I go back thru this thread and the link to the Club site and tell us where this event is being held?
It is being held in Johnson City, Tennessee, at the Unaka Rod and Gun Club. Here is a link to the club: http://www.unakarodandgun.com/home.html (copied from Post #1)

Come on up and join us.

·
Super Moderator
39,083 Posts
I have not seen them shooting that the past two years during the weekend that we have been there. Bill (hunter29180) would have to answer that for sure but I did not see anything about any kind of organized SASS on the website.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry no SASS at my club, Trap, Skeet, Archery (sort of), Pistol and rifle (200 yd).
If no one chimes in for the shotgun I will cancel the RSO for friday. That offer by the club may not be offered again .

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Sorry no SASS at my club, Trap, Skeet, Archery (sort of), Pistol and rifle (200 yd).
If no one chimes in for the shotgun I will cancel the RSO for friday. That offer by the club may not be offered again .
Bill, if you have to cancel it I,m sure you'll let them know how much the offer is appreciated. It may be that Val (GVW3) and family are the only ones in our usual group that regularly shoot shotguns. That club has been very good to us.

·
Premium Member
19,349 Posts
I ask for a headcount a few weeks ago. I have to hold off to see if this state gets off our guaranteed list. As it stands right now we would need a 14-day quarantine to come back home to Illinois.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I ask for a headcount a few weeks ago. I have to hold off to see if this state gets off our guaranteed list. As it stands right now we would need a 14-day quarantine to come back home to Illinois.
WOW! That's disappointing as I thought ya'll were coming.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
OUCH!

·
Premium Member
34,535 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,535 Posts
Brenda and I are thinking about showing up at the BBQ. Not sure about bringing a bunch of guns, since I can't really see anyway. I was thinking a 10/22, a couple of hand guns, as well as my EDC. Someone else has already stated that elec. is available at the site. And someone else has mentioned parking an RV. So I'm wondering about setting up my camper and plugging it in. But with so many camp sights with in 10 miles, I don't HAVE to hook up on site. Johnson City is very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, as well as the Natchez Trace. Two very nice rides.
Mini Mate in Florida FL.JPG

·
Premium Member
34,535 Posts
Our Governor/Czar just made Tennessee one of 19 states he says we have to quarantine for 14 days after visiting. Grrrrr.
You live there, so they got you by the short hairs. I don't, so no one can make me quarantine for any length of time.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You live there, so they got you by the short hairs. I don't, so no one can make me quarantine for any length of time.
Czar Wolf says the same thing about Texas (and Tennessee and 17 other states ... I won't say what he is on this forum, it would get me booted, and I don't use that language, but he is ...

·
Premium Member
34,535 Posts
Czar Wolf says the same thing about Texas ... I won't say what he is on this forum, it would get me booted, and I don't use that language, but he is ...
In the past 6 months I've been all over TX, LA, AR, and OK . I haven't had a bit of trouble.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
In the past 6 months I've been all over TX, LA, AR, and OK . I haven't had a bit of trouble.
Last month I drove 2300 miles to 6 different states and the District of Columbia ... no problem. Last week I was in Ohio, West VA, and MI. No problem.

But the Czar keeps adding states after I have been there, so I dodge the bullet. My next trip will be the far North East ... will see what the Czar does after I make that trip. GRRRRRR!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to commit until today. I plan on riding with gdmoody and Brandon so I should be there the same time as him.Looking forward to seeing ya'll again. Joe.

·
Super Moderator
26,233 Posts
Our Governor/Czar just made Tennessee one of 19 states he says we have to quarantine for 14 days after visiting. Grrrrr.
And he's going to know that you were where, how?

Brenda and I are thinking about showing up at the BBQ. Not sure about bringing a bunch of guns, since I can't really see anyway. I was thinking a 10/22, a couple of hand guns, as well as my EDC. Someone else has already stated that elec. is available at the site. And someone else has mentioned parking an RV. So I'm wondering about setting up my camper and plugging it in. But with so many camp sights with in 10 miles, I don't HAVE to hook up on site. Johnson City is very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, as well as the Natchez Trace. Two very nice rides. View attachment 231432
I think that you're going to have to wait for hunter to answer. The camper that he was referring to is his. He brought it last year for the convenience. I don't think anyone stayed it because it was on the clubs property next to the pavillion.

·
Super Moderator
26,233 Posts
MsMad and I will be there. She just went through an ordeal with a friend that's been in a coma for 40 years and passed away and it's taken a lot of her concentration. She will get on tomorrow and give some food possibilities and maybe some requests. Sorry folks.

·
Premium Member
19,349 Posts
Sorry to say this year I have to take a pass. 1st one I have missed since I joined TFF. We have had 6 members of my extended family catch this virus one almost died and another is still sick. The wife and I haven't been going out much.

21 - 40 of 126 Posts