The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Someone else has already stated that elec. is available at the site. And someone else has mentioned parking an RV. So I'm wondering about setting up my camper and plugging it in. View attachment 231432
Carver I bring my RV so we have a frig and bathroom available after the clubhouse closes. Since I am a member and hosting this event I received special permission to park my RV during this period. The club had a very bad problem in years past with RVs on club property and now restricts them. So Only my RV will be allowed there. I do stay with the RV during this time, So fir those who wish I can store your guns till you leave the event.

·
Super Moderator
26,163 Posts
So I'm counting 9 so far? Hunter29180 & Dee, mudman35962 and Pat, gdmoody & Brandon, Accident, howlnmad & MsMad.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
So I'm counting 9 so far? Hunter29180 & Dee, mudman35962 and Pat, gdmoody & Brandon, Accident, howlnmad & MsMad.
Hopefully a few more can be added, not that we won't have an excellent time with 9.

·
Super Moderator
26,163 Posts
I know Slayer was planning on attending, but with this kung flu crap going on, I don't know, we haven't heard from him lately.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I know Slayer was planning on attending, but with this kung flu crap going on, I don't know, we haven't heard from him lately.
I've spoken with him and he won't be able to attend.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hopefully Carver and Brenda! I have not seen Carver since the last BBQ in Dalton! Would LOVE to have him show up!

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Tue is Clubs business meeting. I will be canceling the Shotgun RSO for our gathering..

·
TFF Chaplain
19,210 Posts
Tue is Clubs business meeting. I will be canceling the Shotgun RSO for our gathering..
Sorry that didn't work out. Thanks for setting it up. Hopefully another year there will be some clay competition.

·
Registered
440 Posts
ok, allll y'alllll, i'm back in my right mind, such as it is. we usually arrive friday night after any dinner would have been eaten, so don't count us for friday dinner. we'll probably eat on the way up. we may or may not have our second grandson with us, (not the same one, that's a story for a different day :zombie::duh: ) so, we would be eating with y'all on saturday.
MsMad is supposed to get on here and give an idea of what we'll bring. I know we lots of pickles.
if SOME GUY didn't hog all the INTERWEBS!!! :headbang:
we DO have a lot of pickles lolz - but with such a small group, i was thinking we could just do catering - i'm looking on the hokie smokie website and you can get bulk bbq OR they will cater for $6.50 per person (includes pulled pork, 2 sides and rolls) which i think you really can't beat with a big stick. if you're a big eater, it will cost you $13 bucks? we can pick it up ahead of time on saturday and just heat in a crockpot ? or, we can order ala carte (individual orders) if y'all so choose. what y'all think of that? or we can do a different restaurant (but i have to look on my 'find me gluten free' app because my guts are handicapped) if you want.

we can all still bring snackeroos (chips, etc) to share.
i am super lazy - what do you think, pat, wanna jump on my super lazy wagon?? :cheers:

I ask for a headcount a few weeks ago. I have to hold off to see if this state gets off our guaranteed list. As it stands right now we would need a 14-day quarantine to come back home to Illinois.
i have made 2 trips to jersey (knoxville to newark, big ole jet airliner), tennessee is on the ban list, but they don't make you do jack. it's unconstitutional and they can not legally tell you where you can and cannot travel. they do not take your temp. you hafta wear a mask, that's it. my answer to their quarrantine bs was going to be "i have quarrantined 14 days before i got here" because it's true. i socially isolate naturally anyway ha ha ha i'm a semi-hermit crab.:rotfl:
they did have a hotline you were ADVISED to call and register....... i heard there was a sign on the highway, but i did not see it. oopsies!!!

edited to add: i am not cavalier about the danger of this virus. while i was up north (for a requiem mass 40 years in the making) i did choose NOT to see my 80 year old dad, so i understand treating this with proper caution. my comments above about the 'travel ban' were just a statement regarding how these states have no rights to enforce these bans. also, murphy is a sweezel. he looks like a sweezel, too.

·
Super Moderator
39,009 Posts
With some of us showing up on Friday afternoon and everyone probably leaving on Sunday morning we are going to have to serve three meals at the range (supper on Friday, lunch and supper on Saturday). Most will eat Friday's lunch on the road and I know the hotel provides breakfast. I plan on bringing some "cookable" food, I sure hope someone else volunteers to do the cooking (I tend to burn everything I cook)!

The first meal will be hamburgers with the meat and buns being provided, if y'all want something on them then someone else can buy that.

I decided the other night that I would also buy from smoked sausage from a place called Striplings General Store. They make a great sausage dog, I figure 5 pounds should be enough to give 2 sausage dogs for each person, with some left over, and again I will buy the buns too, so that is the second meal.

That leaves one meal for someone else to provide.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I will do a baked spaghettis dinner for Sat night. I am bringing plates and napkins, salt, pepper Mayo mustard and hot sauce. I can do some chopped onion and grill them if wanted. Again I will use the clubs grill and I will supply the gas for it.

things we will need.. plastic flatware, few tomatoes for the burgers, chili for the sausage dogs If you want. Bell peppers if you want grilled with onions.

DRINKS and Ice ( 2 10 lb bags friday and 1 10 lb bag sat.) Remember drinks are for sale at the upper range house for 50 cents as are snacks!

·
Super Moderator
39,009 Posts
Mustard is all I need on both the burgers and sausage dogs! Last year I bought several tomatoes for the burgers but only one or two were used, Dee tried to give me the rest to bring home and I told her to keep them. Only one maybe two large slicing tomatoes might be needed. Personally, any onions and peppers will also be a waste, but that is just me!

Joe (accident) mentioned to me that he will bring some cold drinks but I will let him cover that!

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
With some of us showing up on Friday afternoon and everyone probably leaving on Sunday morning we are going to have to serve three meals at the range (supper on Friday, lunch and supper on Saturday). Most will eat Friday's lunch on the road and I know the hotel provides breakfast. I plan on bringing some "cookable" food, I sure hope someone else volunteers to do the cooking (I tend to burn everything I cook)!

The first meal will be hamburgers with the meat and buns being provided, if y'all want something on them then someone else can buy that.

I decided the other night that I would also buy from smoked sausage from a place called Striplings General Store. They make a great sausage dog, I figure 5 pounds should be enough to give 2 sausage dogs for each person, with some left over, and again I will buy the buns too, so that is the second meal.

That leaves one meal for someone else to provide.
I'm OK with whatever is decided. I was planning on bringing some drinks if that's OK. Please let me know if something else would be better or additional. I may need a cooler to put them on ice. I'm not sure that we'll have enough room for an additional large cooler to come with us.
George, I believe I've had that Stripling's sausage (hot-dogs) that you mentioned. If it's what I'm thinking of. They are very good. But they may require a larger than normal bun:carrot:

·
9,293 Posts
And he's going to know that you were where, how?

I think that you're going to have to wait for hunter to answer. The camper that he was referring to is his. He brought it last year for the convenience. I don't think anyone stayed it because it was on the clubs property next to the pavillion.
If you just so happen to get a traffic violation then they will know you were there.

·
Super Moderator
26,163 Posts
Arlene was just just trying to come up with a solution that she could eat too.

When she came up with the idea of just ordering BBQ for everyone, I was all for it.

If y'all have decided that Saturday dinner is to be cooked at the club, okay, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
39,009 Posts
I don't remember from last year, does Arlene not eat burgers or smoked sausage?

I don't mind the BBQ either, I could drop the idea of the burgers or sausage and save a helluva lot of money by paying the $6.50 vs what the others cost!!

·
Super Moderator
26,163 Posts
I don't remember from last year, does Arlene not eat burgers or smoked sausage?

I don't mind the BBQ either, I could drop the idea of the burgers or sausage and save a helluva lot of money by paying the $6.50 vs what the others cost!!
It's not that she doesn't, she loves them both. She has celiac disease and can't eat anything with gluten in it (anything with wheat) or from a pan or grill that it has been on. If the grill that we're planning on using has even had a bun toasted on it, she would be sick for 2 weeks. She was just trying to come up with a food solution for Saturday night where we could all eat and releave the hassle of who's bringing what? She will bring her own food for Sat lunch but just thought that it would resolve the problem with who is going to bring what.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts