The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,233 Posts
Nobody is trying to make this difficult, just trying to come up with a solution. Saturday lunch, I'm good with people wanting to bring items.
Since we don't do breakfast, lunch could be the main issue on Saturday. Heck, I'll cover the BBQ if it's agreed upon (I wish that I had a big smoker like Sam did at the last Ga get together), but I don't.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ok, I think you still need to bring burgers, George, for Friday dinner? Right?

Then Saturday breakfast at motel.

Saturday lunch would be your (sounds great) sausages and we'll bring pickles and chow chow and Hunter spaghetti pie?

Saturday night we'll pick up a mess of bbq (pulled pork) for dinner if that's agreeable? We'll get enough for 12 does that sound right? Slaw and beans and whatever other sides y'all want. We'll pay for it with our Mad Money!! :bounce:
After 199 days of cooking/ deciding what to eat I just want to make....... reservations :p
I can't wait to see everyone!!!

·
Super Moderator
39,084 Posts
Sounds good to me. Now, if everyone else agrees, that would be good!

Now that the food is covered, lets talk guns. I think this is what I am going to bring for me and everyone else who might want to shoot:

.50 Beowulf (homebuilt)
9 mm Beretta CX4 carbine
.22 Magnum Kel-Tec PMR-30
5.7X28 Ruger57
and a couple of .22 Rifles for the "cricket" match.
These are subject to change

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Club meeting last night.. The club has offered to us, to do Saturday Lunch for $5 a head. They are doing lunch for the St. Judes Shotgun entrants for the same price. Not sure what they will be serving but they will be using the Pavilion where we will be anyway. ( so we will be sharing that space for both the swap meet and that Lunch.) That just leaves us with 2 meals to do if you want to take advantage of the offer.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
very sorry to here this. it is one thing to be around a small group [TFF folks] and a large gathering. Pat and i must op out this year. too bad a lot of effort was put into this, it looked like we could have made it work. after six months of staying out of the way of the kung-flu we will not expose ourselves now.

rick

·
Super Moderator
39,084 Posts
Looks like we are down to seven people.

Back to the food for a minute. Personally, I would prefer the BBQ that howln mentioned. It is a "sure thing" vs the unknown meal the club would provide, (thank them for us). I am still going to bring some smoked sausage and burgers, no matter what that other meal will be.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Mudman going to miss you! As to food, whatever you decide. With the St. Jude Lunch being served at the Pavilion we may as well go out to eat. I would not be partaking of the lunch anyways as I have to be careful so Wife does not get exposed also.
We are taking a risk just to host this gathering and the club is accepting that risk also. So far No one from the club (that I know of) has contracted it. Masks are not mandatory but recommended.

·
Registered
440 Posts
awwww, rick and pat, gonna miss y'all - there'll be next year, i hope. this year has been such a crap shoot, i'm happy to be seeing even a small group. totally understand the caution, as with everyone else who is compromised by this crazy year.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
the discussion on going or not going came down to if one of us get the crud, how do we get home?
you know the drill. go in the hospital, no visitors. where does the other go? both sick? who drives? how will the pets survive?
we wanted to do this this year. the stars did not line up!
hope ya'll have a fun time. pictures or it did not happen.

rick

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
So far confirmed to attend. GDMoody, Branden, HowlingMad, Ms Mad, Accident. (confirmed count is 7)
2 others expressed interest.. Carver with Brenda and Bumblebee but have not confirmed. (please confirm!)

Here is the food lists... adjust your donations accordingly!
Fri supper.. Burgers with chips.
Sat lunch.. Sausages and spaghetti with salad
Sat supper.. BBQ as was suggested.

GDMoody.. hamburgers, sausages, buns for both.
Accident... drinks
Ms Mad and Howling.. Pickles, chow chow and BBQ
Hunter.. Baked spaghetti with meatballs, plates, napkins, salt, pepper, Mayo, mustard, Hot sauce, ketchup, onion, lettuce for burgers. Dee says she will do a Cesar salad with dressing, shredded cheese and croutons. Large cooler with Ice. We will be using my small grill ( Ms Mad, This grill has only ever had meat and veggies on it! I have had since new) to cook the meats on as club will be using their grill.

Can anyone bring 1 or 2 tomatoes for the burgers? Chips ( one lg bag would be enough) Need for Friday supper!

Are we still doing the Cricket shoot? if so it will be held Sat evening. We are now just 13 days away from this event!

Reactions: tedwitt

·
Super Moderator
26,233 Posts
We'll be bringing one extra. A grandson. NOT the same one as last year.

I have a package here from one3 that is for the cricket match. It's prizes he was going to bring but since he can't make it, sent it to me to bring.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,260 Posts
Reactions: howlnmad

·
Super Moderator
39,084 Posts
Don sent me all the stuff for the Cricket match, including the prizes for it. As a matter of fact, I was at the range this morning practicing for it, so yes we are still going to have it.

The stuff that one3 sent was supposed to be for the general giveaways, I am pretty sure that is what we "talked" about when he first got the stuff. I have a couple of items for the giveaway. I was planning on giving away a rifle, but decided to wait until we have a bigger crowd.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Well, we are just one weekend away! Looking forward to this as it has been a long hard year for most if us. We will miss those unable to attend and hope to see you next year! Raising a prayer for safe travels to and from the rendezvous and Gods protection on us all.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,260 Posts
Add me to the list of "sorry to not be there".

And prayers for safe travels and a great time.

And please post plenty of pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Looks like only GDMoody and company (3), Howlingmad and company (3) and my self will be attending this year.
So here is the Plan..
Friday since no one is scheduled to arrive till mid to late afternoon, we can eat out that night. (So no need for the burgers GD!)
Saturday.. Lunch Spaghetti and meatball casserole with GD's sausages on side
Saturday supper BBQ as suggested by MsMad.

If anyone wants to shoot Friday I can open range for us.
Saturday we will hold our Cricket match after 6 pm.

There is still a scheduled Swap Meet Saturday morning.. Please try to bring something to put in for this! GD and I were the only ones last year! The Gun club only does this once a year and they held off so we could be a part of this event!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Looks like only GDMoody and company (3), Howlingmad and company (3) and my self will be attending this year.
So here is the Plan..
Friday since no one is scheduled to arrive till mid to late afternoon, we can eat out that night. (So no need for the burgers GD!)
Saturday.. Lunch Spaghetti and meatball casserole with GD's sausages on side
Saturday supper BBQ as suggested by Ms
If anyone wants to shoot Friday I can open range for us.
Saturday we will hold our Cricket match after 6 pm.

There is still a scheduled Swap Meet Saturday morning.. Please try to bring something to put in for this! GD and I were the only ones last year! The Gun club only does this once a year and they held off so we could be a part of this event!
Sounds good.Unfortunately not many coming this year but I know we'll all have a good time. I wish I had something for the swap meet but I can't think of anything.

61 - 80 of 126 Posts