The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
Looking good Larry, It reminded me that I have to get out the BLO and warm up my wood stocked guns for treatment.

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
I am not a huge fan of laminate, even though, they are all pretty! I used to have one, but I traded it off for one with a plastic stock.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Now this bowyer loves to laminate, and this is only one wood; dyed ash. When he combines woods they can be truly gorgeous. His brother made the 2nd bow. Coming out of traditional archery, I must say I prefer natural woods but that can get outrageously expensive. Your guns do look great and are probably a more stable bedding than natural woods though all that binding agent adds a bit of weight.
thumbnail_GIDSNETTEMPnsmailGA.jpg
thumbnail_DSC00004.jpg

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,403 Posts
Personally, I am not a fan of laminates, though a couple of those that Larry has pictured, are quite nice visually.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Ordered a new Boyds At-One laminate stock for my Savage 22MAG. Should receive it before Christmas.
I think I may restock my Ruger American 22-240 in the same style, we will see.

Larry

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Larry, with that first pic, I didn't realize your hair was so grey.:p Rifle and kitty lookin good though!
I've got a couple of laminates, but prefer the natural wood colors. Funny that something the Germans came up with during wartime shortages, would a "thing' today.

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
I recently purchased a Ruger 10-22 with a laminate stock. After reading the comments, I feel more comfortable taking it out of the closet!

·
Registered
500 Posts
My first laminated stock is on my Rem XR-100 (factory). Now my Rem 700 BDL and my Ruger 10-22 each have one. My sons WW2 1944 K98k has one. I didn’t know they went that far back.

Reactions: ysacres

·
Administrator
11,969 Posts
Larry, you have some fine looking rifles there! I'm still looking forward to frankengun.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,672 Posts
I only have two laminated stocks. This one is two pieces of padauk glued together for stability. I carved It and another one out of walnut several years ago.

Reactions: ysacres
1 - 20 of 21 Posts