·
Registered
21,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you tried it yet?

I have about 8 of the Grab N Go buckets
so far, we have eaten the Alfredo and it is fine
but the Cheesy Lasagna and the Chicken with Rice are kind of nasty

They start out tasting ok, but after a few bites you get this awful aftertaste on your tougue
my whole family agrees on it.

I'm going to try the rest of them out and see what the deal is
I just wanted some feedback from other people who have bought it.

I'm depending on this stuff and I thought it would taste as good as MREs, which I love.

I am pretty disappointed so far:(

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I have not tried them and don't have a reason to. It's survival food - it's not like regular food and will taste different.

Most folks can easily live 10 days without food but would be in serious trouble without a gallon of potable water per day per person during the same time period.

For much less money, we stocked our cupboards with good tasting food that has very long shelf life. As long as we continue to rotate stock we are good for a month or so if needed during a SHTF event.

If we decide to get more dedicated to long term food storage, we'd go with canning. If you can eat it, chances are you can can it and assure quality and flavor. If not, we'd use vaccume bags and dehydration for long term storage.

I don't personally see the need to have buckets of food that will last 25 years sitting in storage. I'd rather spend the money on more arrows and marbles for my slingshot.

Nothing wrong with buying it, we just chose a different option for survival food stock.

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
Stock up on the foods that you normally eat. Buying pre-packaged foods that you don't know anything about is not the best way to go. Plastic food saver bags are good for about a year. Mylar bags will last for many, many years. Home canning is a great way to go. The food you can yourself is the same foods you eat every day, and will last for many years. If you can cook it, you can put it up in jars! Seasoned hamberger, beans, and rice, chicken, beef, pork, or anything you like to eat, can be canned, and stock piled.

·
Registered
21,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Stock up on the foods that you normally eat. Buying pre-packaged foods that you don't know anything about is not the best way to go. Plastic food saver bags are good for about a year. Mylar bags will last for many, many years. Home canning is a great way to go. The food you can yourself is the same foods you eat every day, and will last for many years. If you can cook it, you can put it up in jars! Seasoned hamberger, beans, and rice, chicken, beef, pork, or anything you like to eat, can be canned, and stock piled.
I have put away a few hundred pounds of shelf stable foods in mylar bags already. That was the first thing I did when I started

The Wise came along as an option and for variety.

The advertise "gourmet" and "great taste"
well, either they screwed up batch I got or they are full of crap

I have tried Mountain house since and it is very good.
Wise...not so much

·
Premium Member
34,376 Posts
Mountain House has a couple of meals that you won't like much either. Most of their meals seem to be OK, but the cost is high compared to canning it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.