·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
s&w 10-7 4"
s&w 66-1 6"
colt special 38 6"
shot all with reloaded powder coated bullets
the colt is a bit disappointing, it is a bit worn the barrel has like pitting and i have never liked the fixed sight. still it went bang. this gun requires a very firm grip to have any accuracy, not a favorite.
the 10-7 is in almost new condition.a good looker with fake pearl handles. a feather trigger very different from any revolver i have ever shot. much more accurate than the colt by far. ricky likes.
the 66-1 is stainless steel wood gripes a good looking gun. a joy to shoot. most accurate of the three. i need to do a side by side with it and my 686 which is dead-eye dick. and my most favorite revolver. may soon.
now this is a range report about guns. this being a gun forum i thought some of you would like that for a change.

·
The Ole Gun Crank
768 Posts
I have been known to like a gun or two or three- four..
I like the S&W over the colts. Never did like that trigger break just before the hammer drops.
I have a 686, MODEL 10 hb. 4".. A 14 TARGET 6".. 13 4" a 638 air weight, a 36 snub.. 640 SS.
And several more I haven't shot in a while.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been known to like a gun or two or three- four..
I like the S&W over the colts. Never did like that trigger break just before the hammer drops.
I have a 686, MODEL 10 hb. 4".. A 14 TARGET 6".. 13 4" a 638 air weight, a 36 snub.. 640 SS.
And several more I haven't shot in a while.
get out and shoot them. shoot them often and them brag about it here.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,905 Posts
get out and shoot them. shoot them often and them brag about it here.
And post pictures!!

Rick, you described all those pretty guns; we need to see them...pleeeeeeezzzzzeeeee...

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
can you really do that? it would be so mean. oh well im just naughty.
I think he would. He threatened to cut ysacres' moderator pay a week or so ago.

Larry, You need to build a thread defining all the acronyms used on TFF. You have 1 year to complete. Or your Moderator pay will be cut.
Sounds pretty mean to me :D

·
Premium Member
9,359 Posts
Didn’t Patton have something to say about pearl handles? :rolleyes:

Glad you were able to get out and make some noise. If hard pressed I believe a 38 S&W is probably my favorite to shoot. Especially with 158 grain cast. Great guns!

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Unlike the movie "Patton" where George C. Scott said something like "only a New Orleans pimp would use pearl grips". All Patton said was "pearl is for pimps".

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
38 spl is one of my favorite rounds, I had my Smith model 65 out last week and put some lead down range. Noticed I am getting low on ammo, down below 1000 rds, need to fire up the press and make some more. I've got five revolvers and a lever gun that I use it in. That's a lot of mouths to feed.
:machinegunner:

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Making your own bullets and testing them out is fun isn't it.I can tell you like doing it to.
View attachment 215090
Mighty fine shootin' there, Tex. That you, Tiger? That is decent shooting - especially with a pistol at that range. You guys are giving me the itch to chase some spiders out of my pistol barrels. I only get to use my 9mm's for chasing cattle off the place - then it's only pokin' holes in the sky.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Mighty fine shootin' there, Tex. That you, Tiger? That is decent shooting - especially with a pistol at that range. You guys are giving me the itch to chase some spiders out of my pistol barrels. I only get to use my 9mm's for chasing cattle off the place - then it's only pokin' holes in the sky.
Ya that’s me,I was shooting my second batch of .357 hardcast 158gr.RNFP using HS-6 6.8grs.That’s my favorite go to shooting spot out in the local desert.
Also they feed perfect in my Lever action rifle.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've heard the best way to shoot a .38 Special is to Hold on Loosely. :D
Nice list of 38's, Mudman. -b

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Good shooting. I never could find the gong but definitely heard the bullet strike. Just think artillery on a small scale and it's pretty amazing how far away you can hit something. Especially if you have a spotter.....and it's a heck of a lot of fun!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts