Tokarev owners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Hydra Shok
    (2/21/03 8:06:21 pm)
    Reply Tokarev owners
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just curious if anyone else owns or carries a Tokarev or has any experience with them. I bought one from a buddy for $120 two years ago and it has been a good shooter for me. It feeds hp's with no problem and is very slim and easy to conceal.

woodsmith42
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/21/03 10:31:50 pm)
    Reply Tok
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I've had several over the years......which one do you have? and is it the original 7.62x25 or the 9mm? Quite a few of these were made in China in 9mm for the American market. Bill

Hydra Shok
    (2/21/03 10:57:16 pm)
    Reply Re: Tok
    Hi Bill, it's a 9mm but I believe it was converted from the 7.62 for import. It has Norinco and Miami Sport Arms engraved on it. I haven't seen a 7.62 but have heard it is a pretty hot load. Have you ever been able to find any accessories for them? I have searched but nobody makes things such as grips or any "pretty" items like you can buy for an SKS for example. I made a set of grips out of cedar, but haven't been successful in being able to attach them to the gun due to the odd way they are attached to the gun. Do you still have yours and how seviceable were they to you?

woodsmith42
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/22/03 12:05:17 am)
    Reply tok
    Hi, If you have the curved, wrap-around grip in a Chinese model it was made for export as a 9mm. The Tokarev was adopted (if I remember correctly) in 1933 as the Red army sidearm. The 7.62x25 round was the original chambering. It's dimensionaly identical to the .30 cal Luger. The T-33 Tokarev has straight grips, the curved wrap-around grip was first done for the Egyptian version of the Tok, called a "Tokagyp". The Chinese export version (9mm) used this same grip, most of which had a star in the middle. Hmm......other than the unique "en-mass" hammer group (comes out as an entire assembly) they are a pretty conventional John Browning single action type of design. The Tok is not for hot ammo. In the original chambering they, like the .30 Luger, were limited to standard pressure ammo, not the hot stuff that can be safely shot in the cz-52. I can get original (straight) grips and mags, I'm not aware of any other custom pieces for these. The sights on these pistols are pretty minimal, this can be fixed by a gunsmith. Hmmm........guess that's about it, I've had several, liked them all....they always shot well, fed well and point shoot well for a pistol of this size and type. And with the original retail of the Chinese imports at about a hundred dollars, I thought they were a great bargain.

Predator Ridge
    (2/23/03 9:24:26 am)
    Reply Re: Tokarev owners
    Hydra Shok
    Hi , thought I would put my 2 cents worth.The norinco in 7.62x25 is an awesome round ,they travel around 1600 fps and are not lacking in power or accuracy. I feel that they need a better front site.You can buy reloading dies and brass ( for boxer primers ) for this round . I have a friend that reloads for this and he has loaded for 1200 fps up to 1600fps . Some where in between the two speeds , he said the weapon would not recycle---therefore you need to play for the load. I think it odd that the weapon cycles at 1200 and 1600 fps ,but there is a speed in between that won`t work.As far as grips go try Tapco or Gunparts Inc. or Samco or Bryco.
    Other then that I would look up Classic Arms on the web , I believe they are located in North Carolina and they deal with SKSs and other communist weapons--deal a lot in parts.
    Also go here:

nationlink.net/sksman/

Guess that was $ .75 worth --sorry. Hope I have helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.