Tonight ON CNN: Access too easy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacksonco, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Gun violence resulting in mass murder across the country… Is it just too easy for dangerous people to get guns? Tonight, 10 ET

Wonder what kind of BS that AC360 will be propagating to the uninformed and uneducated masses? Is there any chance that this will be a balanced report?

NO DANG WAY WILL THIS BE AN HONEST INVESTIGATION OF THE FACTS:mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

There's no way it will be unbiased. Like I said in another forum. I'm not trying to strike a racist note, as I am surely NOT racist. There are however questions that truly need to be asked. Why do I see so many minorities in the news every night that have committed violent firearms crimes when I do not see minorities at gun shows or even the common gun or ammunition store? Could it be that most are not acquiring their firearms legally? Gee, I wonder... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009

3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

But the mainstream media is fair and impartial, right?:rolleyes::p

4. 94z07

94z07 New Member

How about we limit "news" outlets to 10 stories. There should also be a 7 day "cooling off" period before a story can air/print. No felon should be able to be on TV, sorry Larry King.

The same Bill of Rights protects the press and RKBA. Why not the same rules?

What possible sporting purpose could there be for anyone's fully automatic printing press?

5. chw45acp

chw45acp New Member

Good news: I saw a story on CNN (I know, I don't usually watch that station...) The lead was something like ". . . Will Congress now try to enact more strict gun laws, in light of the recent crimes blah, blah, blah...." The distraught commentator sadly reported that Congress was in "no hurry" to enact more gun laws. Reason given: Lawmakers have seen the recent spike in gun sales, NRA membership, etc. and can sense the sentiment in the country that people won't tolerate more 2nd amendment infringement. Political suicide if they try. The liberal media won't give though; but, it's futile for them. Nobody is really listening.

6. Angryisme

Angryisme Member

best thing you can do is Not watch.
    I'll be on Fox or somewhere else at that time

7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I’m not here to sway the conversation away from its orginal topic, as I agree that the odds are very much against the basis that this article isn’t going to biased, but.

Pony, have you read the report called,

I don’t remember who I downloaded it from, but if you use your favorite search engine I’m sure you’ll find it.

In this report, a pretty good one too, they covered in part exactly what you asked.

What channel is CNN?

EDIT: The report was from;
    Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'll check that tomorrow MarlinT. For now, I'm going to sleep. Thanks for the reply! :D