The Firearms Forum banner

201 - 220 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'm beginning to root for the diller
That's not quite fair. The Armadillo has natural talent he is using against a fellow TFF member. Where is your unity and brotherly love for the downtrodden and abused folk in this world. Your Brother Sharps is suffering at the hands of a sneaky & wiley master animal criminal intent on ruining Sharps' yard and apparently his marriage as well. Mrs. Sharps has had a knee go out on her during the horrid crisis and she is suffering because her Man is concentrating on a critter and not the wife of his youth.

You need to get on yore knees right now and pray for your brother, that The Almighty will give him wisdom and the strength to carry out this Crucible set before him!! He must complete this Holy Quest with only guidance from above and his trusty .22CB's

Let us now bow our heads in a moment of silence for the quest set before our Brother Sharps. :stir:

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #204 (Edited)
Well....last night I think I learned definitely what I suspected a few pages ago. A 'dillo's leathery shell evidently is not a good conductor of electricity. We FINALLY got a nice rain early last night and I thought ok, ground is wet so tonight is the night. 2:30 this morning upon returning to bed from the bathroom I had just settled in when I head three cries right outside my BR window exactly like the one Firpo posted. I thought "well finally". Such was not the case. Just looked outside and no 'dead 'dillo. AAARRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

·
DEPLORABLE member
1,962 Posts
I feel for you Vic, & I'm glad you're not dealing with a rabbit. This thread has that Elmer Fudd feeling...

SR :stir:

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)
Could be OS....I thought it might be, "Holy Cow!! What a charge this is!!!" Maybe I need a heavier wire. I ran it with electric fence wire which I'd guess is about #14 or #16. It comes off #12 and isn't long enough to have much, if any voltage drop but, it might not be carrying enough amperage.....but honestly, I doubt that. You'd think a fresh rain, wet ground and bare feet would provide enough ground....if the current can flow through the shell. I think there simply isn't enough conductivity in their shell....but I could be nuts too. Maybe I need to lower the wire and let it touch its nose to it....maybe.

SR, I could deal with a rabbit. We had a couple living nicely in our garden this year. A live trap and a couple days and I relocated them out of the country.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Funny story about a electric fence long ago when I was just a kid(65 or 70 yr ago) our neighbor had put up one of those weed burner electric fence. The farm dog hiked up his leg and peed on it. Poor thing would not ever go thru a fence after that. You would have to open the gate for him, no more crawling thru or jumping over a fence. Poor dog was never exactly right after that day.

·
Super Moderator
38,552 Posts
Funny story about a electric fence long ago when I was just a kid(65 or 70 yr ago) our neighbor had put up one of those weed burner electric fence. The farm dog hiked up his leg and peed on it. Poor thing would not ever go thru a fence after that. You would have to open the gate for him, no more crawling thru or jumping over a fence. Poor dog was never exactly right after that day.
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

This has got to be the best thread, EVER!

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
I had a friend in grade school who did that while were we're out hunting. His Dad's Belgian Browning A-5 went airborne and he grabbed his crotch. Lee was never right after that either.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Hope he didn't spend a lot of time licking himself like the neighbors dog did.;)
:lol:...Not that I saw. His Dad was about to choke him because the last words he told Lee was "Do Not take my Browning." 'Course Lee was always a bit hard headed...about a lot of things.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,899 Posts
Poor dog was never exactly right after that day.
That has had me laughing for the last hour or so. Good thing I swallowed my coffee first!!

Poor dog, though.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I had a friend in grade school who did that while were we're out hunting. His Dad's Belgian Browning A-5 went airborne and he grabbed his crotch. Lee was never right after that either.
Maybe you need to use 220 volt instead of 110. Or put some bait right on the wire so they bite it or lick it. That will get by the leathery skin.

·
DEPLORABLE member
1,962 Posts
Maybe you need to use 220 volt instead of 110. Or put some bait right on the wire so they bite it or lick it. That will get by the leathery skin.
Or drop some 12-2 from the pole pig... :eek:

SR:popcorn:

Reactions: ysacres and tedwitt

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Could be OS....I thought it might be, "Holy Cow!! What a charge this is!!!" Maybe I need a heavier wire. I ran it with electric fence wire which I'd guess is about #14 or #16. It comes off #12 and isn't long enough to have much, if any voltage drop but, it might not be carrying enough amperage.....but honestly, I doubt that. You'd think a fresh rain, wet ground and bare feet would provide enough ground....if the current can flow through the shell. I think there simply isn't enough conductivity in their shell....but I could be nuts too. Maybe I need to lower the wire and let it touch its nose to it....maybe.

SR, I could deal with a rabbit. We had a couple living nicely in our garden this year. A live trap and a couple days and I relocated them out of the country.
The next time I kill one I'll get out my VOLT/OHM meter and check the resistance on him.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Maybe you need to get more personally involved in the execution.

Tell him to "open wide and say AHHHHHHHHHHH."

201 - 220 of 388 Posts