The Firearms Forum banner

241 - 260 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I'm going to start a DLM (Diller Lives Matter) page to rack in some dough.
I think you need to rethink your title: TONIGHT.

Perhaps, "Maybe Tonight??"

You could put it up for TFF contest and the winner gets some white meat, Maybe tonight??? Maybe not?.

Or Perhaps DLM, Dillos Lives Matter.

Or Perhaps Sharpies Chase.

Or Perhaps Sharpes Last Stand (Inspired by the post above, thank you)

Or Perhaps Cats and Dogs can break my bones but Dillos will never hurt me.
Hey, I already copyrighted and patented DLM.

YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER!!!

·
TFF Chaplain
19,240 Posts
Huh,

Could there be any other music than this? I mean really!!

I remember hearing about one guy got kicked out of the theater when the orchestra was playing the last part of The William Tell Overture because he jumped up and shouted "HI HO SILVER!!! AWAY..."

Never realized Glenn Campbell did this...Sharps, you play guitar...sounds like this would be a good challenge:

I was trying to remember...I think heard a song a few years back "Show Me The Way To Armadillo". Can't seem to find it.

·
Premium Member
11,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
BE, I saw Glen do that on a TV show years ago. Trust me, I ain't close to that level. Howeve, back when I had my country dance band we did do Amarillo by Mornin' and I played fiddle and sang on it.

Now....I learned something last night. Since I put up the 120 volt fences our cat has been in my basement shop....which is beneath the bedrooms. Lila does not meow like a normal cat. She has a coarse, short, gravelly "yower" that sounds like......the dillo Firpo posted. As we were getting into bed she let loose with three "yower's". The light came on and I told Joyce, "that's the 'dillo I heard the other morning at 2:30." So...it appears my theory of a dillo's shell turning electricity might be shot full of holes. Man, when you're half asleep and it's 2:30 it's hard to differentiate whether that noise came from outside your window or under your window.

Anyway, fences are coming down today, I HAVE to mow, cat goes back outside and I revert to a live trap with a sweet 'tater and a revolver.

·
Premium Member
17,459 Posts
Darn i was hoping when i clicked on the "Tonight" thread this morning i'd finally see that the Vic got his man(dillo). I was expecting to see pics of it tied to the hood of his MG, the local band on his front lawn and the Town folk lining the streets to watch Vic drive thru town displaying his trophy. But sounds like things haven't changed and the Dillo still lives:(

·
Premium Member
11,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
joe, at this point, all that is quite possible.....but you left out the key to the city even though we no longer own property in town....:D

·
Registered
682 Posts
After all this much work going after this armadillo when sharps gets it and I know he will , he needs to get it mounted cause it ranks right up there if he had been tracking a 12 point buck for 2 weeks and finally got it ! It's not always the size of the fish it's the fight to get it in the boat !

·
Premium Member
11,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Well, I moved the trap into what has been one of its travel lanes in one of Joyce's flower beds. We'll pick up a sweet 'tater tomorrow. It's kinda like sooner said, eventually it will make a mistake. Unless as someone said and it dies of old age.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Armadillo is cunning, sneaking through the night.
Smith and Wesson's what I've got, It's all that I've got on.
When the moon was high in the Missouri sky, I was freezin in the cool night air.

Armadillo I'm ready, Armadillo's gonna die.

He's routin up the flowers, makes my wife really mad.
Missed our 42nd anniversary, while huntin in my yard.
But I'll be ready for him, if he shows his face,
and I know that I can't miss.

Armadillo by daybreak, Armadillo's on my mind.

Armadillo I hate you, I been up all night.
All that I can think of, is sneaking round our yard.
If he shows himself, I'm gonna bust a cap,
Right in his ugly old behind.

Armadillo I'll get you, In the ground is where you'll be.
Armadillo forget you, Armadillo I need sleep.

241 - 260 of 388 Posts