The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 388 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,342 Posts
I have not. We arrived in Oklahoma March 1 and shortly after things We’re locked down pretty tight. Not too many festivals. Glad to see things are loosening up some. I’ll keep my calendar open :rolleyes: and Linda and I’d love to meet you guys. I’ve eaten only one rattlesnake, killed it myself and thought what the heck? Honestly it was pretty chewy.

·
9,064 Posts
We used to sneak up on dillers and pick them up by the tail, if ya let them touch the ground they are gone.
Then we knocked them in the head.
Skin the belly first the cut them out of the shell.
Batter it up and fry it like chicken, you can't beat it.
All Gods critters are good right by the taters.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I am going to kill a 'dillo if I have to stay up all night to do it. Over the last few years our lawn has taken a beating because we couldn't take care of it.. The last two weeks the wife and I have been working diligently to get it back in shape. We had a wonderful stand of new grass that was really coming along. This morning most of it looks as if a really bad golfer, like me, has been practicing his swing on my new grass. The criminal is going to see execution tonight. ggrrrrrrrrrr....
Not sure if I should pray for you or the dillo.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Welll....first off I couldn't stay awake last night after having been awake since 3:30 the previous morning. Secondly, it's just as well. According to the evidence at hand the felon didn't make an appearance last night.

Well, if eliminating the grubs would eliminate the 'dillo's, we shouldn't have any. because we spray for them to keep the moles at bay. Don't have a mole problem. Grubs ain't the only earth dwelling insect 'dillo's eat. Earthworms are pretty high on their list and we have an abundance of them.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
i tried to eat dillo one time. could not spit it out fast enough. maybe the Texas dillo tedwitt talks of is different. Florida stuff is nasty! as to grubs search for beneficial nematodes, they take care of fleas, ticks, grubs, and whatever if you get the correct kind.
just my experience.

rick

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I have not. We arrived in Oklahoma March 1 and shortly after things We’re locked down pretty tight. Not too many festivals. Glad to see things are loosening up some. I’ll keep my calendar open :rolleyes: and Linda and I’d love to meet you guys. I’ve eaten only one rattlesnake, killed it myself and thought what the heck? Honestly it was pretty chewy.
Instapot!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
i tried to eat dillo one time. could not spit it out fast enough. maybe the Texas dillo tedwitt talks of is different. Florida stuff is nasty! as to grubs search for beneficial nematodes, they take care of fleas, ticks, grubs, and whatever if you get the correct kind.
just my experience.

rick
The fact that they can carry Leporacy
Hogs and Armadillos sounds like the making of a good stew. LOL
The fact that those Armadillos can carry leprosy is enough reason for me to refrain from trying to eat one.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Except that Hoover was President from 1928 until 1932.

The devil was back last night, just in a different place I didn't see. I set a live trap against a retaining wall with about 30 feet of 2 foot tall plywood out in the yard as a guide. I've caught some that way in the past. If it comes from the east, I've got it....I hope and think. I'm still gonna try to stay up tonight and shoot the perpetrator.

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts
Except that Hoover was President from 1928 until 1932.

The devil was back last night, just in a different place I didn't see. I set a live trap against a retaining wall with about 30 feet of 2 foot tall plywood out in the yard as a guide. I've caught some that way in the past. If it comes from the east, I've got it....I hope and think. I'm still gonna try to stay up tonight and shoot the perpetrator.
Coffee is the answer to that problem. Or Dr. Pepper. :)

21 - 40 of 388 Posts