The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 388 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wouldn't be the first time I lost Trap.....unfortunately....:headbang:

One, I just wanna stay up long enough to kill the 'dillo....not til Tuesday. Caffeine really winds me up at night

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I had a long running battle with Speedy Gonzalez the mouse. My stupid cats would would watch him zip across the room, and then look at me like, "We're sorry, anything bigger than a cricket isn't in the contract".
Weeks of this, into every cabinet, and food item he could get into, except the cat food. I suspect some kind of collusion there.
Name the trap/bait and I tried it. The closest I came, he got his butt stuck on a sticky trap, he got loose, but left the seat of his pants there. I was to the point where I was in my recliner watching TV, with my 8" .357 loaded with snake loads.
Finally got one of those plastic igloo traps, and baited it with peanut butter. Next night watching TV, .357 in hand, I hear the victorious "SNAP", I finally got the little bugger!:banana:
I don't know what kind of deal they cut with the mouse, but when that trap went off, both cats jumped up with a horrified look.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
It aint gonna happen, Me thinks the diller outsmarts sharps and feast's on slugs and snails in the lawn all day Sunday and part of Monday. :twocents:

·
9,068 Posts
Coffee is the answer to that problem. Or Dr. Pepper. :)
Pepsi Cola is best for me, but it has so much of something it hurts my kidneys.
An old trucker told me one time, drink half a Pepsi and fill it back up with black coffee and drink it.
I was steering with my elbows and scratching my head with one hand and my ars with the other one, better than toot.

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Discontinued Winchester Black Talons....the ones that Pelosi and Schumer called "Cop Killers", I hear they work on 'Dillos too.
I once shot a Doberman Pinscher with a 9mm Black talon. the dog was tearing up one of my sheep at the time... I hit him low in the ribs. I can tell you that Black Talon pretty well tore that big dog in half. Owner called the local Sheriff's dept. on me. The deputy told the guy that I had every right to not only shoot his dog, but that he owed me for the value of that ewe..I didn't sue him, so I didn't recover for the lost ewe.

·
9,068 Posts
Except that Hoover was President from 1928 until 1932.

The devil was back last night, just in a different place I didn't see. I set a live trap against a retaining wall with about 30 feet of 2 foot tall plywood out in the yard as a guide. I've caught some that way in the past. If it comes from the east, I've got it....I hope and think. I'm still gonna try to stay up tonight and shoot the perpetrator.
My bad.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/presidents/herbert-hoover/

·
Registered
481 Posts
Chocolate covered expresso beans from Sprout's . I picked some up one time and then about 8:30 remembered we had them and wanted a snack bout 30 minutes before bed . I had a couple handfuls cause were so good . Then laid in bed T-W-I-T-C-H-I-N-G till alarm went off at 4:00 :yikes: !!! Still eat them but not after 3:00PM !!

·
Registered
263 Posts
To help stay awake on guard duty on one of the river bunkers, I'd play a harmonica for a while. "Old Man River" always seemed appropriate. Helped to pass the time and learn how to play at the same time. We didn't have Armadillos over there, just plenty of rats to shoot with reduced loads I'd make up for my carbine. Good huntin.

·
Premium Member
11,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Gotta see it or catch it before I choot it. Then, if fate allows, whatever I can lay my hands on first. I've been carrying my 696 because with swaged bullets it's amazingly accurate but I'll grab whatever is at hand. I walked the whole place already this morning and didn't see any new diggin's but that's what I thought yesterday this time. Nothing in the trap either.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Had a rat at work that had a mean sweettooth. He only eat Reeses candy, and Cowtails. Would take a who box at night and stock pile them. bug guy called in and he set a trap. The rat stuck a candy bar in the trap to set it off and ate half the candy. Very smart rat. I was kind of sad when it was taken out. He was very clean didn't leave a mess. My bitcoin in on the dillo. LOL. Oh it took a year to take out the rat.

·
Premium Member
11,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
FYI for ya'll....I don't blame you fer bettin' on the 'diller. If I was a bettin' man I might but, cooler weather is coming, then they have a tendency to move about in the daylight a little more.

Didn't see any new diggin's come daylight so maybe they found a new victim for a while.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I once shot a Doberman Pinscher with a 9mm Black talon. the dog was tearing up one of my sheep at the time... I hit him low in the ribs. I can tell you that Black Talon pretty well tore that big dog in half. Owner called the local Sheriff's dept. on me. The deputy told the guy that I had every right to not only shoot his dog, but that he owed me for the value of that ewe..I didn't sue him, so I didn't recover for the lost ewe.
Actually jwdurf, I think Winchester just renamed that particular bullet so Pelosi & Schumer didn't find it so scary. Another example of what we can expect from the Demotards should they win in November. No worries about ammo names for us, they'll add taxes to loaded ammo and reloading supplies so high that it'll make a California Governor blush,

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
Actually jwdurf, I think Winchester just renamed that particular bullet so Pelosi & Schumer didn't find it so scary. Another example of what we can expect from the Demotards should they win in November. No worries about ammo names for us, they'll add taxes to loaded ammo and reloading supplies so high that it'll make a California Governor blush,
I think you are corrrect, there's a misconception that the Black Talon was banned. Not so, Winchester took it of the market voluntarily. and yes, Ammo will be their focus moving forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Living in East Texas in my youth, we seemingly had more armadillos than we had birds of all types. We hunted them all the time by walking through pastures or driving down County dirt roads. They were everywhere. I had a pointer dog that went with us and he eventually started to point armadillos!!! We even stopped using guns because it wasn’t a challenge. As bad as it sounds, we used tree limb clubs.

They have terrible eyesight. Once I was deer hunting standing by a tree. An armadillo came out and slowly got closer to me. Yes, he was loud walking through the Fall leaves on the ground. That armadillo came real close and I decided to stay still. Well that ‘dillo walked right over my left foot and proceeded to eventually go out of sight never realizing I was there.

Once we skinned a ‘dillo and barbecued it. Yes, it tasted more like chicken than anything else.

Among the local country people, there was a legend that they were “grave robbers.” Accordingly, most, but not all, of them avoided eating ‘dillos.

That was during the 50s & early 60s. I’ve heard they aren’t as plentiful anymore because of Fire ants.

41 - 60 of 388 Posts