The Firearms Forum banner

81 - 100 of 388 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Well....along the lines of Caddyshack, I do have an abundance of BP. If I knew where the little devil was denned...I'd be tempted. Or, if it was close enough to the house, flush it out with water and meet it with both shotgun barrels of a drilling as it exited the den.

It appears to hit freshly watered spots. It is soo dry here and the ground is so hard everyplace else, I think if we'd get a good, soaking rain it might help alleviate the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I think we're at a cease fire at the moment. Two days and no new diggin'. Maybe three, I haven't looked this morning. Trap is still set with wall up and I'm still checking at night so I haven't quit....and I doubt the 'diller has either.
Are you baiting your trap? If so with what? I know that during my battles with them sometimes they would be gone for days or even weeks. But when they showed back up then they were there every night for a few days. I think you're right about staying up later than 9pm. When they are active in your yard, go out about 11pm and just stand there and listen. You should be able to hear and locate them easily. I used a bright flashlight and they never paid it any attention. It was a fatal mistake on their part. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Well....along the lines of Caddyshack, I do have an abundance of BP. If I knew where the little devil was denned...I'd be tempted. Or, if it was close enough to the house, flush it out with water and meet it with both shotgun barrels of a drilling as it exited the den.

It appears to hit freshly watered spots. It is soo dry here and the ground is so hard everyplace else, I think if we'd get a good, soaking rain it might help alleviate the problem.
You might becoming a wee bit obsessed with your mission;)

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Reactions: tedwitt

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I have that book also and have read it, along with "On War" by Carl von Clauswitz. Neither seems to be helping much right now....:mad:

Tol' ya'll I read a lot....who in his right mind would read a 200 year old book on war by a Prussian General and a centuries old book by a Chinaman? I even have Mao's book.....good grief.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Possum on the half shell!!with sweet potatoes of course.....no,I made peace with the one that comes into my yard,had him lit up with flashlight,just could'nt squeeze...multiple times.So I started messing with him-watch him come across yard-head him off-stand there-gets 2 ft away-start urinating on his head-goes away for a week....Caught him 2 times in 5gal bucket,dropped off 1/2m,then 1m away-shows up 3 days later.They are grub eaters and it seems everyones prize flowers is where the grubs live so they're dug up.Now for some reason I've only had 1 at a time for 14yrs so I just co-exist with it.

·
9,032 Posts

They used C4 on caddyshack

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Another digger visit last night, tore the crap out of one of Momma's flower beds so now, the gloves come off. Tonight, if it comes back, it dies. Momma's cat comes in the basement and a 120 volt electric fence goes up. Set 4 inches off the ground I will get it.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

In reality though, I think this is probably the most correct theme music for Sharps hunt!!

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
You think the 'diller's gonna deep six me?....lol!!

Fence posts and insulator's are up, just waiting for late evening to string the wire and plug it in. Didn't put up a lot, just enough to encircle their favorite hunting areas.

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
Good luck!
Each time there's a new post in this thread, I hope it's the one where you link to someone playing taps.
Just throwing it out there...have you seen the criminal? Skunks do the exact same thing. Have no idea if they're attracted to the same stuff as armadillos, but maybe that's why your trap didn't get it?

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
No sir, I haven't seen it but I'd bet on a 'dillo, CC. The diggin's are pretty much definitive. You'd think after 7 pages a fella would have something good to report...lol!

81 - 100 of 388 Posts