The Firearms Forum banner

121 - 140 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
If that hot wire don't get that armadillo tonight sharp may run a line for that hot wire strait to his main box on his power pole , then he would have rotisserie armadillo for supper Friday !!!!!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I have chuckled quite a bit reading this... Sharps if you don't get that diller soon I think you may well have to just pave your entire yard and paint it green to win. :lol::rotfl:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Why have I pictured Wiley Coyote and Roadrunner this entire thread. I get the feeling that Sharps is going to get electrocuted with the lightening bolts coming out of him and you see his bones like an x-ray, while dillo is snickering and ambling back to his daytime hiding place ...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Been trapping for many years. First, you need think out side the box. Build a trap it can not escape from. Some thing it can not crawl out of. Fill it with water. make a ramp from the ground to the top. then some thing for it to walk out on, over the water with a fulcrum. After it gets so far out, it gets dumped in the water. OK, you go from there. Make it so you can store it or disasemble it some to be stored. you may need it again.

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,790 Posts
Why have I pictured Wiley Coyote and Roadrunner this entire thread. I get the feeling that Sharps is going to get electrocuted with the lightening bolts coming out of him and you see his bones like an x-ray, while dillo is snickering and ambling back to his daytime hiding place ...
Yup, and the video shows the 'dillo walking off, wearing his ACME Electrical Insulating Rubber Booties, as he ambles off to wherever 'dillos go in the daylight. Pan to smoking corpse of a frustrated human lying prostrate across a bare wire fence.... Cut to commercial.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
I wonder if he was successful? If the "execution wire" didn't work then maybe a few claymore mines with trip wires? Honestly it's becoming a lot more complicated than I've ever experienced. Funny though!
I'm with Ted, when they were active in my yard, I'd grab my rifle, step outside,listen, locate the offender, walk over to it, then kill it. Total # days (1). Total time spent (6-7min). I guess our armadillos aren't as elusive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thankfully none have been seen around here, but I have seen them flattened on the highway around here. I have bigger nuisances to worry about, there's evidence of a sounder of hogs not far from the house, and the squirrels.
"Texas Speed Bumps ! "....I see buzzards feeding on them regularly along the roads around here. Their eyesight is really bad, and I don't think their brains work much better. I see them all the time around the woods here and a while back one was digging around next to a trail I was driving along in the woods. I got out of the truck, grabbed a can of paint out of the back and decided to sneak up and paint him some. I almost got it done before he figured out I was there....I probably had the can of paint 2 feet from him when he made a run for it. Maybe some day I'll have a pink one running around the woods !

121 - 140 of 388 Posts