The Firearms Forum banner

141 - 160 of 388 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Well...I've stayed up as late as I could, which obviously hasn't been late enough, set a "funnel" trap that's caught them before and now the hot wire. Haven't looked yet this morning.

Talked to my neighbor yesterday and he's been deer hunting, bow season is open, and he's kille a few from his stand in the daylight. Maybe I ought have Ralph come set his stand on my place...

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
ted is right....it helps to turn on the %$&*U#% FENCE!!!!!! On the east side of the house, that one just plugs in. It was hot, no dillo damage. On the NWm side, where most of the damage is, I just plugged it into a switched receptacle we use for one of our fountains. I unplugged the fountain so it wouldn't run all night then forgot to turn on the switch. It was late, for me, and I'd been taking care of Momma most of the afternoon and evening as she popped something in her knee and can't put any weight on it, doctor this morning, and obviously when I went to bed I just didn't turn it on.

Amidst all this....drama....I forgot our 42nd wedding anniversary which was Wednesday. She wants the dillo dead as much as me so I didn't catch any grief over forgetting. This has gotten to the point I don't know if it should be a comedy or a horror movie!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Oh Dang Vic, forgetting an anniversary is “un-good”. May I suggest flowers and a nice dinner?

Sounds like you’re having a bit of bad luck with this little creature. Good luck tonight my friend.

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I got to wondering/remembering. When I was working and we were trimming out a job and cleaning the sheet rock mud out of the boxes, the dust would suck the moisture out of my hands so much that I could grab a hot and neutral or ground and the electricity would not conduct, I wouldn't get shocked. Applying that to current events, I wonder if the shell of an armadillo is so dry it won't conduct? Obviously if it is wet or slightly damp, it will but....if it's bone dry....mebbe not?

As far as the anniversary, I did go get one of our favorite takeouts. Right now we're a lot more concerned about her right knee. Almost 30 years of rheumatoid arthritis and the loud "pop" she heard and felt yesterday has us both a little concerned. Nothing seems broken but she can't put any weight on it or straighten her leg out completely...though she can walk with a cane.....which is driving her out of her skull. Still ain't nuthin' like nmkenzie and his wife just went through.

·
Super Moderator
10,372 Posts
Happy anniversary Mrs. sharps4590
Please forgive your husband , as he has had massive pier pressure from the TFF members to provide food for the family even if it was just a greasy ol diller that has eaten all grubs in your garden.
The members feel so bad about this we are organizing a hunting party to assist your husband, we will have sniper rifles on the roof, AR 15's in the barn and shotgunners on the front porch, a tractor will be on the front lawn for evac purposes only.
We promise to put an end to this thread ASAP quickly and humanely.
When we are done invading your home Vic can cook you a nice anniversary dinner of diller, just be sure to chew it slowly it might have lead in it.
Wiseacres.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have that book also and have read it, along with "On War" by Carl von Clauswitz. Neither seems to be helping much right now....:mad:

Tol' ya'll I read a lot....who in his right mind would read a 200 year old book on war by a Prussian General and a centuries old book by a Chinaman? I even have Mao's book.....good grief.
Somehow I acquired a copy of Mao's book while in VN. I read a little and threw it in a pile of books. Next time I looked, a mouse had made a nest in it. Seemed fitting and proper.

Great thread. My computer crashed early in the week and I'm amazed to see you are all on page ten now. Working my way there from 6 in the Armadillo Chronicles.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Sharps Theme Music Live!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am thinking Hollywood needs to turn this into a movie of the week or a mini series maybe . How about a title like "Armadillo Nights" or "Battle for Armadillo Hill" . Who do you want to play you sharps ??? I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT A SINCE OF HUMOR SHARPS !!!!! ALL in fun . I dread when I have something going on like this and you have your revenge ,:machinegunner:, laugh now funny guy !!!!
Yup, and the video shows the 'dillo walking off, wearing his ACME Electrical Insulating Rubber Booties, as he ambles off to wherever 'dillos go in the daylight. Pan to smoking corpse of a frustrated human lying prostrate across a bare wire fence.... Cut to commercial.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,225 Posts
I am thinking Hollywood needs to turn this into a movie of the week or a mini series maybe .
That's the next reality show. Celebrities vs. Armadillos!!

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Sooner, the wife got a big kick out of, "The Battle For Armadillo Hill"...as we are on the side of a ridge...I want to thank you for that. The way her knee is, she needed a good chuckle.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Caught a possum on my job site once. Turned it loose down the road near a retention pond. The next night caught another one. Wanting to make sure it wasn't the same one coming back, grabbed a can of orange marking paint, and made him pretty! Only thing, when I took him to release him at the pond, he went the opposite direction and straight into the back of the garden center at a Lowe's store. Didn't wait around to see or hear the commotion I'm sure caused!!! Didn't come back, and got nicknamed "The Orange possum special"

·
Registered
659 Posts
Glad I could help !! Sorry to hear about her bum knee , hope it's not something serious . She didn't hurt it by working you over for forgetting yours anniversary did she ?
Sooner, the wife got a big kick out of, "The Battle For Armadillo Hill"...as we are on the side of a ridge...I want to thank you for that. The way her knee is, she needed a good chuckle.

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Ok, question for all you 'dillo experts. Do they make any kind of sound and if so, anyone ever heard it? One of the fenced off areas is right outside my bedroom window and just as I was going to bed last night I heard two short whistles, kinda like one was whistling for his dog. Then I heard a thump. There's nothing dead out there this morning but no new diggin's either. I wondered if the little devil got a good shock but not enough to kill it, gave that little whistle and jumped in the air as they're wont to do?

141 - 160 of 388 Posts