Too bad those people in the American Civic Association in Bingamton NY couldn't KBA

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Doug.38PR, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Doug.38PR

Doug.38PR Member

This is criminal on the part of the federal government and the state of new york to not protect the right of people and encourage free men to keep and bear arms. If stronger measures had been taken to protect the right to keep and bear arms then this horrible shooting would not have taken place or it would have been a very short lived incident and the people...the children that were gunned down would still be alive today. If it had been easier for people to obtain guns then these people who were unarmed today at that building, might have been armed and able to defend themselves. If they had been armed, police and sheriff's department would not have had to divert so many resources locking down teh building and shutting it down only to find Chong Wong Bong (or whatever his name is going to be) with a self inflicted bullet to the head from his own gun after he mowed down a others

Take that Carolyn McCarthy

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Re: Too bad those people in the American Civic Association in Bingamton NY couldn't K

+1

3. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Re: Too bad those people in the American Civic Association in Bingamton NY couldn't K

We know that, they know that. They know we know that.
    Incident after incident. We can all see.(if ya open your eyes)
    All these gun controls just make for more unarmed "targets" for these lunatics.
    One worker in that building could have made a difference. Just one needed to be armed. But we won't hear that in the media.
    It's all about people control. Crime prevention has no rational place in the discussion of gun-control.:mad:

4. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Sad event. Far too earlly for mne to have an opinion, but seems that once again we're seeing yet another "gun control" massacre..... >MW

5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

While I was in the kitchen cooking, I had the tv on in the living room (a rare event anymore) watching the local "news" from the drive-by media. The station was reporting on this tragady, and even had their "crime expert" reporter talk about what to do in a hostage situation. He said something to the effect that a hostage or victim is better off NOT trying to reason or submitting to the criminal. He also said if it looks like you're going to die, then die with dignity and try to fight back. Note that the liberals tell you to submit to the criminal and everything will be fine:rolleyes: If NY would have let people carry concealed weapons, this most likely would have ended a lot differently:mad::mad:

6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I am begining to woder if these aint organized. I mean if you think about look at the frequency these events are happening. How long before the government says "look at all these gun crimes". I beleive I smell government involve ment all over these 'Isolated" events. Am I the only one who feels this?

7. army mp

army mp Member

Do you think this coward picked the . Civic Association and not IBM who Laid him off because he knew IBM had security. And the Center did not.

8. alhefner

alhefner New Member

I too have been wondering about the frequency and timing of these mass murders. All have an appearance of being just the twisted actions of people who have fallen very mentally ill but...why so many all of a sudden? I mean 5 in less than a 30 day span? It could just be what it seems on the surface but then who will ever really know?

Yes, the anti-gunners will now happily point out that all of these murderers, except for the felon in Oakland, had purchased their arms legally. They will then go on to state that "more guns = more mass killings". They will never ever bring out the fact that if everyone in the US could simply be armed when and where they wanted that these killings could have been stopped by an armed citizen before the murderer got off more than a couple of shots.

As for the security expert stating the fact that fighting back with all you have is the right response, the MSM will not mention that in their news casts!

9. fyrfly

fyrfly New Member

A few points -

1. New York, the state not the city, does allow carry concealed with a permit. NYC is a whole 'nother ballgame. Binghamton is not NYC. More info here - http://www.usacarry.com/new_york_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

2. The shooter was ethnic Chinese from Vietnam.

3. The shooter HAD a permit, from 1996 and 1997, for the handguns, both of which were listed on that permit.

4. Motive - apparently, the shooter was upset at having been laid off from his job. He did not work for IBM. The news conference I heard said that he'd worked at a shop vac plant.

5. The shooter also beleived that people were making fun of his poor English skills. He'd been taking English classes at the American Civic Association building, but had dropped out last month.

6. The shooter was wearing body armour, which indicated he was ready to "battle it out" with the police. However, when confronted with the reality of the confrontation, he took his own life.

7. No, I don't believe these incidents are organized, nor that it's some grand conspiracy. I do believe that it's a result of the economy, unemployment, the mortgage and banking crisis, and all the rest which are pushing people who are teetering, mentally and emotionally, over the edge into despair, desperation and depression.

I do agree, the anti-gun people are going to hold this, and every other incident, up as a reason gun control is needed. Unfortunately, these incidents are making it harder on those of us who are responsible gun owners/users.

10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

You're right. However, I should point out that I saw that on the local NBC station, and the person in question also teaches a concealed carry class at a local gun store. I was waiting for him to mention that a CHP is a good response, but he didn't:confused:

11. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

+1..... and welcome to the Forum!

12. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Big,
    Yes and no.
    No the gubment isn't doing this directly.
    But like the economic issues, they do have their bean counters factoring everything. They have made their "leagal" moves and now are sitting back watching what they carefully enginered.
    Kind of like dog fighting. They have created an economic mess, got the whole country foaming at the mouth ready to tear itself apart. 8.5 percent unemployment, what's that million five, or something like that. They knew their would be a number of lunatics who could make the headlines.

They created the problem and low and behold all this coming week your gonna hear their solution. I'll bet Chuck Shummer is gonna use is Sunday press time to really tear into this. It's far more brilliant and devious then having agents of the gobment doing the crimes themselves.

We're up against some really good chess players here.

What do ya think about my analysis ?

13. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Interesting neighborhood I live in. That happened about 2 miles from my house. I might be viewed as a prick for saying this, but I wish that whole thing hadn't happened because now people are ganging up at the funerals. Which would be fine but it ties up the traffic. It's not even that, that bothers me. It's the fact that all of these people would never even consider going to any of these funerals or prayers-meeting if these people had died of cancer or some other thing. It just shows how easily people want to jump on a bandwagon. If I know someone who dies, I go to their funeral. I don't pick the cause of death as a reason to or not to go. And if I don't know them, I leave the family/friends alone. They don't need a bunch of tag-a-longs.

As far as that Ching Chang Wong goes, he had a rap sheet. Why was he given a hand-gun permit? Oh, because the system doesn't work.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  14. Stays_Crunchy

Stays_Crunchy New Member

In the interest of objectivity, if we're going to go down that road then we need to consider the 9/11 conspiracy as well.