too much information at Sams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Do you remember the peanut butter salmonella deal just a few months or so ago? Well a buddy of mine bought some. He paid with a check. Low and behold he got a letter from Sams alerting him to the tanted peanut butter. I don't know about you but I dont like the idea of anyone finding out what I eat or buy. I know there is much of this going around. What say you?

2. pawn

pawn Active Member

Not too surprised. If you don't pay with cash, expect some record of your transaction.

3. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Even if you pay with cash at a membership club your purchase will still be tied to your membership number.

There is no harm that I can see with the person I'm buying from knowing what I bought. I must be missing something on this issue.

4. cycloneman

well this is just peanut butter, but what if it were medicine, ammo.

Can you see a day where someone will know what you eat, what medicine you take, what type of birth control you use.

Once someone know what you use then they can control how you use it and how much you use. no one should have this data.

5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

The other day, I bought some .410 shells at walmart, the kid at the checkout counter asked me if it was for a handgun....
    I said, "Not a handgun that I have," and he was pretty confused, then realized he was only supposed to ask about .22s.

What's the deal with that? I've had my identification checked for .22s there, but not for shotgun shells, usually.

It is kind of freaky about the peanut butter, and yes, what about all the 'scary' stuff we buy?

6. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If you pay with a credit card, they already know what kind of food you eat, what medicine you take and what kind of birth control you use. In this day and age of computers, nothing is erased. Nothing is thrown out. Go to Midway, for example, or Grafs or Amazon. Open your account. Everything you have bought for the last several years is listed there.

7. pawn

pawn Active Member

Yah... I've been asked "is this for a handgun" when buying paper targets at Walmart. I didn't understand why Walmart would need to know that. :confused:

8. cycloneman

roger that i know. and its bs

9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I've gotten smart with those walmart dudes, I can't help it. I get a big grin on my face and say, "Of course it's for a handgun" or something like that. Possibly they ask as part of their weird walmart policy on ammunition purchases by minors. When I say it is for handguns, that's when they card me!

10. cycloneman

well you must be a spring chick. i thought you were middle aged. or at least you talk middle aged. hope i didn't offend you. by the way i havent heard from lori mick lately.

11. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Middle aged would depend on how long one lives, eh? I am in the top of my 30s, I only look like a spring chick....

12. cycloneman

10/4 thats great. keep using that oil of olay stuff, nice to get to 50 and still look 30.;):D

i wish i would get carded once and a while. 43 now.

13. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ha! Not that much older than me.

14. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    That's bizarre!! Did he buy other things, or just the PB? It's almost Big Brotheresque to think that there's some one, some where, keeping tabs on what each one of us buys and eats. I don't think I like that, either. Let's stop right here. They know that your friend bought peanut butter, but didn't see the stock market collapse coming? Who's running this nefarious data base? TJ

15. artabr

artabr New Member

Just think, if they know the amount of members that you have in your family and if they monitor your water usage, along with your tolit paper purchases they can now extrapolate your sheet per s**t rate for the Sheryl Crow's of the world. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

I really don't give a sheet. ;) :D

Art